Facing the Beast on Halloween!

Well, my exam's booked. I've only been seriously studying about a week, and I might be rushing into it, but there's a couple things at work here:

#1 - Before I registered for 70-290 a few weeks ago, I bought a 2 exam + retake voucher set from MS, so if I do fail, I've still got a free retake.

#2 - My wife's having a jewelry party at our house Sunday afternoon, and I want absolutely no part of that insanity, so I need to get out of the house for a few hours.

I'll just say I'm cautiously optimistic. At least I know if I fail, I'll have a rematch with the Beast down the road.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    you found a test center open on sunday? wow

Good luck
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    you found a test center open on sunday? wow

Good luck

I know, right? Knowledge Center, Inc in Ashburn, VA is open 7 days a week. I stumbled across them a couple months ago when I was scheduling my VCP, and looking for a center open on a Saturday (which was hard enough), and was surprised to find they were open on Sundays as well. So I filed that tidbit away in case I ever needed it.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah even saturday's are hard. The one by me seems to do saturdays every other month.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the test, and have a happy Halloween. icon_twisted.gif
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    But what can be spookier than slaying the Beast on Halloween! Good luck champ, keep us posted! icon_cheers.gif
    The Beast has been vanquished. 807/1000. I really didn't think it was that bad, though I could see how it could trouble someone who dealt primarily with server side/Active Directory sort of stuff and didn't have a lot of practical experience with routing & name resolution.

The first 20 questions or so, I was breezing through, and hadn't seen a single sim, and thought to myself that was odd. Then I got SLAMMED by 10 sims back to back. It was crazy, but most of them weren't that bad.

Anyway, by my estimation this makes me MCSA since I have 70-270, 70-290 and 70-291 done, and I submitted my A+ & Net+ transcript to MS for my elective.

Now I just need to decide what to go after next. MCSE, CCNA or Security+.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on slaying the beast!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jmritenour wrote: »
    The Beast has been vanquished. 807/1000. I really didn't think it was that bad, though I could see how it could trouble someone who dealt primarily with server side/Active Directory sort of stuff and didn't have a lot of practical experience with routing & name resolution.

The first 20 questions or so, I was breezing through, and hadn't seen a single sim, and thought to myself that was odd. Then I got SLAMMED by 10 sims back to back. It was crazy, but most of them weren't that bad.

Anyway, by my estimation this makes me MCSA since I have 70-270, 70-290 and 70-291 done, and I submitted my A+ & Net+ transcript to MS for my elective.

Now I just need to decide what to go after next. MCSE, CCNA or Security+.

Congrats man!!!! I'd say go Sec+ -> MCSE -> CCNA since the Sec+ is about to change into the CE program.
    Congrats man!!!! I'd say go Sec+ -> MCSE -> CCNA since the Sec+ is about to change into the CE program.

That's kind of what I was thinking - I had planned to put it off till sometime next year, but then I heard CompTIA's changing it, and I'm thinking I'd rather get it over with now.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, and I agree with rogue2shadow on your path, it makes the most sense.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, and count my S+ vote. icon_thumright.gif
  • Honky007Honky007 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Hope I can join you in Beast-Slaying paradise tomorrow!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on getting the MCSA!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63