Options

Good outlook 2007 book

etbjr182etbjr182 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got a job about 4 months ago at a small business that supports small to medium businesses. I don't have any certs but I'm studying for the 70-680 exam and A+. I've been getting quite a few tickets/calls on outlook issues. I was wondering what is a good book to ready to brush up/learn more outlook (specifically 2007) I never really used office let alone outlook. I've gotten a copy of Office 2007 to use at home to mess around with but I was wondering if anyone knew a good book to read. I've been looking at these 3.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Step by Step (Step By Step (Microsoft)) (9780735623002): Joan Lambert III, Joyce Cox: Books

Amazon.com: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Inside Out (9780735623286): Jim Boyce, Doug Sheresh: Books

Amazon.com: Outlook 2007 For Dummies (9780470038307): Bill Dyszel: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

Thanks for all your help!
Currently studying for 70-640 :study:

Comments

• Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Since you're supporting users, Outlook 2007 Inside and Out would be your best bet. The other two books are written for the end-user in mind, which isn't a bad thing, but you might find them lacking in details.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • Options
    etbjr182etbjr182 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    apena7 wrote: »
    Since you're supporting users, Outlook 2007 Inside and Out would be your best bet. The other two books are written for the end-user in mind, which isn't a bad thing, but you might find them lacking in details.

Ahhh so the Outlook 2007 Inside and Out is geared more towards support? That is exactly what I need. Do you have experience with this book?
    Currently studying for 70-640 :study:
  • Options
    apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    I read a few chapters of the electronic version on Books24x7.com and thought it was pretty good. It's quite hefty and probably has more information than you would ever need, so yes, I'd recommend it icon_thumright.gif
    Usus magister est optimus