Options

Import Foreign Disk

Sleky64Sleky64 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Just changed a faulty disk on a Windows Server 2003 that has a Mirrored and Spanned volumes, the new disk came up on the disk management as Foreign Disk, when I right click, the only option I get is "Import Foreign Disk", my question is if I get to do this, will it import the disk into the target Server Disk Group or will it import the group from the previous Server Disk Group?

Secondly, if the disk is imported to the target Server Disk Group, how do I know which group to import the disk to ie Mirrored or Spanned group?

Thanks in advance......

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I believe when you mark it for import you will be asked to select a target disk group.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This may be of help. Books online: Windows Server 2003 in a Nutshell/Disks
    Hopefully there's material there appropriate for the configuration you're working with.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    undomiel wrote: »
    I believe when you mark it for import you will be asked to select a target disk group.

Thats what I remember, but I've never actually done this.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Sleky64Sleky64 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many thanks guys, really appreciate your responses, been able to sort it out..