Options

Passed A+ Core Today..............

erwin f fletchererwin f fletcher Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am defintietly pleased considering I only took two weeks to really get prepared for the exam.

There were many questions conerning printers, and very few on IRQ. I was suprised there were no IO ranges or memory locations.

Most of it seemed to center on troubleshooting and upgrades.

Now onto the OS!!

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

Good luck on OS.

Yep, printers are there--always. You can't get away from them. I took Windows 2000 Pro last week, and I was really surprised at the number of printer questions I had. But, I shouldn't be surprised, because I work in an enterprise network, and get lots of printer calls.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congrats! I remember i screwed up big time on the printers part for A+. I knew it going in, but i forgot it when the questions came up. I also got nailed with printers on the XP exam. Anyways great job
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Great! Good Luck on the OS
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass. I took the a+ core last week and got very luckly. There was only a few printer questions and a lot of networking questions. CompTIA should just make a Printer+ cert to **** all the printer questions into.
  • Options
    mswiechmswiech Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius (c.551-c.479 BC)
  • Options
    erwin f fletchererwin f fletcher Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A couple questions on memory concerning the number of pins as I remember. Maybe one or two questions addressing cpus and sockets although I can't remember specically what they might have been. The practice tests I took helped for sure. I took the ones from here along with some from Preplogic and Measureup. There were more troubleshooting scenarios on the actual exam than there were on any of the practice tests.

Lots of questions about printers. Be sure to study printers well enough to where you feel you have a good grasp on the material. There were a fair number of questions on networking as well.