CWNA book press release from Sybex

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
A new alternative study guide for the CWNA certification is available from Sybex Publishing:

CWNA: Certified Wireless Network Administrator Study Guide (Exam PW0-100) (Wiley Publishing, Inc.) ISBN: 0-471-78952-6

The book includes in-depth coverage of the exam objectives, as well as hands-on exercises, chapter review questions, a detailed glossary, and a pre-assessment test. The CD-ROM includes a PDF of the book, as well as two bonus exams and over 200 flashcards. The CD-ROM also includes software demos, labs, whitepapers, videos and PowerPoint presentations.

The authors are David Coleman and David Westcott who are both CWNEs.

0471789526.01._AA_SCMZZZZZZZ_V60288441_.jpg

CWNA: Certified Wireless Network Administrator Study Guide (Exam PW0-100)
by David D. Coleman & David A. Westcott

David Coleman (Atlanta, GA), is an independent consultant and technical trainer with over fifteen years of IT experience. David is Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE) that has instructed IT professionals from around the globe in wireless networking administration, wireless security, and wireless frame analysis. His company, AirSpy Networks (www.airspy.com), has provided corporate wireless training for SpectraLink and Dell Computers. David has also trained numerous computer security employees from various law enforcement agencies, the U.S. Marines, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, and other federal and state government agencies. He has also taught numerous “train the trainer” classes and “beta” classes for the CWNP wireless program.

David Westcott (Concord, MA) is an independent consultant and technical trainer with over twenty years of experience. David has been a certified trainer for over 12 years, providing training to government agencies, corporations, and universities. David was an adjunct faculty member for Boston University’s Corporate Education Center for over 10 years. David has developed courseware for Boston University and many other clients in the areas of networking and security. David has consulted with the CWNP program, providing content and technical editing for the courseware used in the CWNP wireless certification programs.

Comments

• KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank for the info
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • tanmay deshpandetanmay deshpande Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    got the book thanks.... icon_lol.gif
  • afelumoafelumo Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [quote=
    "tanmay deshpande"]got the book thanks.... icon_lol.gif[/quote]

please where did you buy the book nd it costs how much, cos i'd like to have one myself
    be good at all times
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    afelumo wrote:
    please where did you buy the book nd it costs how much, cos i'd like to have one myself
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471789526
  • goingingoingin Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    The topic should be updated with the new exam's(PW0-104) 'official' study guide.

Amazon.com: CWNA Certified Wireless Network Administrator Official…

That being said, I am halfway through the book and it is extremely detailed, but explained in a well structured matter... including many PICTURES.. yay ^_^
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Unforg1ven wrote: »
    The topic should be updated with the new exam's(PW0-104) 'official' study guide.

Amazon.com: CWNA Certified Wireless Network Administrator Official…

That being said, I am halfway through the book and it is extremely detailed, but explained in a well structured matter... including many PICTURES.. yay ^_^

Thanks for the update.. I'm thinking about going for this after my current studies. Seems pretty interesting
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • TekSavvyTekSavvy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I bought the latest edition of the CWNA official study guide ( ISBN 978-0-470-43890-9) and the tear card used to relate the book to the exam objectives is missing. I bought the book used and had now idea it was missing until it was too late. Anybody know where I can obtain a copy of the tear card? Would like to get this to help with my self-study.
  • TekSavvyTekSavvy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bokeh,

Thanks for your email reply. Ufortunetly I'm getting mail delivery return on the provided email. I would still like a scanned copy of the tear card if you are able to provide it. I appreciate your help.
  • TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Reading now for the PW0-105, very informational book but its a hard read icon_study.gif Not overly complicated hard, just is a very dry topic to me.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just bought the book using my B&N eBook Settlement. Looking forward to adding this cert to my studies.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me