Options

Subnetting

EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
Meyers goes into a LOT of detail with subnetting. Anyone know how much focus CompTIA puts on this?

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say just know what subnetting is used for and the default subnet masks of each class of IP address. As far as calculating subnet masks Net+ does not go into too much detail, just remember that bits are borrowed from the host portion of the IP address
  • Options
    EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info gojericho0
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    The exam I took only has what gojericho0 mention; just the default fo subnet, the range of classes the ip falls in. Don't worry about how to subnet; I believe the CCNA exam goes deeply into this. After all, the Network+ exam is very general. My suggestion about knowing what's what's on the test is to read what other people posted. This should give you many hints on the test. good luck
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Their is not a great detail of question on subnettting, accept basic questions like CLASS A network has how may host or class range questions.