Foursquare, Gowalla, & OMG Stalking

SabaloSabalo Member Posts: 100
Do you use Foursquare or Gowalla? If so, why? If not, why not? When I have cell phone access I've been known to use both, both because it is fun (for me) and I can seed items from around the country and around the world for people to find. I'm also an occasional Yelper, too.
I'm no expert, I'm just a guy with some time, money, and the desire to learn a few things.

Completed ITILv3 on 11/20, working on College & METEO, reading Classics on my Kindle, organizing my music library with Mediamonkey & TuneUp, trying to lose a wee bit of weight by running, eating less, and lifting weights, planning for my stateside vacation, and wasting time posting on forums.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Nope. I don't use any of those location services like Foursquare. I don't see the point as its just more work for a slightly strange game. I can see it being fun in certain ways but only if you've got a large number of friends and family also using it. If you're anonymous and just using it by yourself then its meaningless.

As for location services like Google Latitude, I don't feel there is any benefit for having any of my family/friends to have a little moving icon of where I currently am on a map. If they wish to find me then they can call or send me a message.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Had mixed feelings about both FourSquare and Google Latitude as tiersten stated above. Just downloaded Foursquare so I'm going to try it out. Kinda weird for people to know wher you are 24/7....icon_silent.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Kind of strange to want people to know where you are 24x7 also. Don't like the idea of having something record my every move. I don't consider this to be something most people would really want.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • SabaloSabalo Member Posts: 100
    Consider that it is opt-in. I usually check in when I'm somewhere I want to share... like if I'm in the Doha airport, I might check in just so people look twice when they see it. I also use it to remind -myself- where cool places are... the bar specializing in Grand Mariner in Baltimore, for example.

As a rule, I don't mind when people know what public places I'm visiting.
    I'm no expert, I'm just a guy with some time, money, and the desire to learn a few things.

Completed ITILv3 on 11/20, working on College & METEO, reading Classics on my Kindle, organizing my music library with Mediamonkey & TuneUp, trying to lose a wee bit of weight by running, eating less, and lifting weights, planning for my stateside vacation, and wasting time posting on forums.