Dress code for Lunch "interview"

13»

Comments

• ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    God you guys are over-complicating this.

First of all, its a freaking Panera Bread. Just wear some slacks and a dress shirt with some decent dress shoes. If you get called back for a formal interview wear a suit.

Just research the company and express why you want to work there.

Sheesh.

+1 on this. You need to loosen up a bit. Don't get rowdy but relax and show your personality a bit. Sometimes it's not just about your knowledge or special skills. They also look for how your soft-skills fits in the team.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ehnde wrote: »
    icon_profileleft.gif Did you get the job? icon_profileright.gif

icon_confused.gif:

It's not for 2 more days (the 4th). Picked up a jacket for $2.50 at consignment shop today. Dunno if it's some gawd-awful 70's style or anything. Going to do a bit more clothes shopping tomorrow and see if I can get something that matches up.

Man I just don't know fashion haha.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bermovick wrote: »
    It's not for 2 more days (the 4th). Picked up a jacket for $2.50 at consignment shop today. Dunno if it's some gawd-awful 70's style or anything. Going to do a bit more clothes shopping tomorrow and see if I can get something that matches up.

Man I just don't know fashion haha.

Join the club. I never understood the point of fashion. Whats the saying again??

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."

Oscar Wilde

;)

Persoanl I have worn jeans and t shirts for the last 30 years and will continue to do so for the next 30. (not to job iterviews mind you, then i make my self a little more smart)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I managed to scramble at the last-minute and pick up some black slacks and a black tie to go with the charcoal jacket I picked up for $2.50. Since I'd picked up a dress shirt earlier in the week (my current one was too large; was bought last-minute and was only size available), I basically ended up picking up a whole new outfit. I think it looked pretty nice though.

I think it went very well, although I'd thought that repeatedly at my last employer time and again, and never got any promotions so I'm may not a good judge on that.

He said to give him a week or so and he might have me come in to talk with a couple more people (I'm thinking second interview).

It sounds like a pretty nice position; some sort of mix between NOC tier 1 and field tech. I'm trying not to get excited about it but it's not easy hehe.

Thanks again to everyone who posted their advice!
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno