Options

Failed with a 676...

I thought I did pretty well but I guess not, probably missed it by a couple questions. I have to wait for two weeks now because it's my second time failing it. I am planning to get started on the 290 now and review the 270 for 3, 4 days when it's time. I can't remember much questions because I'm so disappointed right now.

One questions I do remember and spent a lot of time trying to figure it out was asking that some guy installed a program on his computer, but it made his system slow so he uninstalled it. Yet, his system is still slow, what should the systems admin do now? I was split between defragmenting the drive or doing system restore but the question mentions that he shouldn't lose any of his settings or data. I ended up going for defragmenting. Am I right?

I appreciate your suggestions and comments.

Comments

• Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Good try! Microsoft exams are tuff. 3rd time will be a charm though. Weren't most of the questions domain based? I remember that particular question about the program, it was on my exam i took 2 weeks ago. I believe the answer is system restore.
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    hard choice, i would of gone with system restore as when removing a program it can some times leave junk in the registry causing slow access time, defraging wont take the cr*p out, but it will re-organise the hard drive to be more accessable and abit faster.....
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Yeah what he said. icon_thumright.gif
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Add memory to increase a system's performance...was that a choice? If not, do the defrag thing.

Hopefully you did the 2for1 when you register for the exam. Get back in gear and knock this one out...
    What next?
  • Options
    goasakawagoasakawa Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mobri09 wrote:
    Good try! ..... I believe the answer is system restore.

But wouldnt system restore 'loose' data and restore it to the previous state? Because all defrage does is 'move' data?
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    That is affirmative...!!!

In a nutshell...
    What next?
  • Options
    I think there were other choices to choose from. Can you remember them? I definitely remember that question though!
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    mobri09 wrote:
    I think there were other choices to choose from. Can you remember them?

Yeah i believe other options like updating your antivirus manafacturer's signature and using the last good ..... might be there in which i think "updating your antivirus" will be a better choice. I stand to be corrected icon_wink.gif
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    mobri09 wrote:
    I think there were other choices to choose from. Can you remember them?

Yeah i believe other options like updating your antivirus manafacturer's signature and using the last good ..... might be there in which i think "updating your antivirus" will be a better choice. I stand to be corrected icon_wink.gif

nope. One other was doing ASR and the other one doesn't make any sense at all.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure i put system restore down for my answer. What books are you using to study?
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    I used MS press book, the Measureaup practice exam that came with it and also Transcender
  • Options
    oscarsp1oscarsp1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've seen this question here and there - answer is always System Restore. You don't lose your data - it just restores system files and settings.
  • Options
    wickedkin6s44wickedkin6s44 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the answer is:

System Restore

I remember this same question. I got a 933 on this exam. goodluck next time buddy. Make sure you read the question carefully. They tend to throw in some curveballs. One difference in the wording can change the question completely around. GL next time
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    You don't lose data when you do a system restore.

The answer is system restore.

Good luck next time! :D
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    are you sure it's system restore?

I m preparing for my 270 and i come across to this thread so i wanna discuss about it.

as in my experience, system restore will be effective when it is enabled. in any timeframe before and after any installation of softwares where the system restore was not activated, the system restore can't SNAPSHOT the system. In this case, you will lose some settings and files.

am i correct?
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    shadown7 wrote:
    You don't lose data when you do a system restore.

The answer is system restore.

You'll lose any changes since you the system restore. I guess if the question was something along the lines of you make a restore point, install the software, and then the system crashes, this would be right.

In fact, I am pretty sure I got something like it. To me the best answer is the system restore
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.