Security + December or late November

JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Group

I am going to challenge the Security + exam next. Currently I am going to use the Staff Kit. Can anyone give me any tips, advice or any videos that worked for them. Is there any acronyms that are mandatory.

Currently I am a system admin of a Warship. I am doing it on my own time and can not wait to pass it. I've been in the high security field for 8 years. How long should it take to review before challenging the exam?

Thank you for any GOOD advice in advance.
Jinverar, TSS

Comments

• Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
    Based off your experience, 1 month should be fine. Here are some of the MAIN sources, others are at your own discretion.

1.) Darril Gibson's Sec+ "Get Certified Get Ahead" Book on Amazon
    2.) Download the Sy0-201 objectives from CompTIA's site. At the end of domain listing, they have all the common acronyms you'll see on this exam.

/cheers
    Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
    MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
    "One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    +1 for the DG book, and make sure you get this in before December 31st.

The DG is like $28 on Amazon, or you can buy the kindle version for $10. Best investment you will make for this test.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can anyone else give any advice on Tips or Tricks for SEC +?
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    +1 for the DG book, and make sure you get this in before December 31st.

The DG is like $28 on Amazon, or you can buy the kindle version for $10. Best investment you will make for this test.

Can i Use the Kindle Version on my PC using the Kindle for PC software confused.png
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Can i Use the Kindle Version on my PC using the Kindle for PC software confused.png
    Yes you can. Install and register it with Amazon -- then you can send your purchases to your Kindle for PC software.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I suggest you purchase a good practice exam to help to. Boson, uCertify, and Preplogic all had good ones.
  • kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gibson's book.

It's the only Comptia cert i used only one source for, trusting everyone's advice. Read through it twice though.
  • JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you all

I passed the certification, I did not listen to anyone as I used the tech-notes from tech exams, resources from Computer training online training tutorials MCSE Certification Business Management staff training, and CBT nuggets videos. I got both training resources for under 15$ from EBAY. The only practice tests I completed from Free MCTS MCITP CCNA CompTIA and CISSP exams, study notes and forums and from staff kit.

Thank you all for the assistance and the forum[/FONT]
    Jinverar, TSS
  • bc901bc901 Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Done for the year?