Hi guys/gals

HoCuSHoCuS Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
i take my A+ OS exam on friday i a bit worried dont know what to expect, has any one got any tips for me ?

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    First, welcome to the forums!

If you have studied and make sure that you have covered all of the CompTIA exam objectives in your studies, you should do OK.

Try the A+ practive exams here on TechExams and at http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/
    If you score at least 90% on these on the first try, it's a indication that you should be ready for the real thing.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • HoCuSHoCuS Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just took my exam and passed this site was a real help thanks:)
  • StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    Congratulations!
    Thanks every one, any suggestions which route i should take now, i want to do mcp and a cisco networking course, not at the same time that would be crazy, just need a bit of advice as to which to do first.

thanks
    I would think that you would want to do at least 2 of the M$ Professional exams first--a client and a server. That would give you a good background in why you have a network--resource sharing--and how important that is.

Then, go for CCNA full throttle! You can always go back for more M$ later.

I say this because of the evident importance of doing admin on these CISCO devices.

Good luck on your decision!
    thanks for the advice sounds good,
    ty
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    HoCuS wrote:
    Thanks every one, any suggestions which route i should take now, i want to do mcp and a cisco networking course, not at the same time that would be crazy, just need a bit of advice as to which to do first.

thanks

First, Congrats on the Certification :)
    Second, Welcome!!!!!

Third, Which route to take? Depends on what you work with the most and what you will be working with. Certainly as it was just mentioned by janmike obtaining a server and client MS test will be a very good start as well as giving you the confidence and some time to figure out the direction you want go.

Cisco is a good route, but may not be what you want to do. Security is really building steam and a great area to get into, particularly if you have an interest in it.

Spend a little more time researching the types of positions out there, maybe do a job shadow to get a better idea of what your real interests may be.

Good luck.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?