None no protocols
Telnet TCP/IP telnet protocol

Its IOS 12.1, am guessing this IOS doesnt support ssh icon_confused.gif:

regards

Damien

Comments

• bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds right.

I think you can download 2950 IOS's from cisco's website though.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Spooky... I was just about to post the exact same question. Currently running 12.1(22)EA1 on a 2950t and SSH is a no-show. However when I went to Cisco's website to download the updated IOS I notice this..
    Software Download Rules - Please Read Carefully
    By clicking "Agree" below, you agree to each of the following:
    1. That you shall be bound by Cisco's End User Software License Agreement posted at the above URL regarding your use of any Cisco software you download from this web site;

2. That you are only entitled to download Cisco software for the Cisco hardware chassis or device or the particular application software or signature file for which you have paid the applicable software license fees;

3. That you must purchase a Cisco Operating system Software feature set upgrade license if the feature set you intend to download is not included in your initial license;

4. That you have a current and valid service contract that covers either the specific Cisco hardware chassis or device for which you are downloading software and/or the software image or subscription file update (e.g., For Intrusion Detection System) that you are downloading;

5. That Cisco reserves the right to: (a) charge you for, and you agree to pay for, software /signature file downloads to which you are not entitled, and (b) immediately suspend or terminate your access to this web site if you Download software to which you are not so entitled.

Considering that I don't qualify for 2-4 (bought used), 5 scares the crap out of me. Any licensing provisions for educational purposes or used / archaic hardware? Or are we hosed?
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    chmorin wrote: »
    You need to have the EI image in order for the 2950 to support SSH
    No. SI and EI both support SSH. I've no idea why Cisco list it as a EI only feature on your page. Another page says SI has it and the 2950 SI switches I've got do support it. I guess your one page was for an earlier IOS which did only support SSH in EI? You just need the crypto image to do it. The useless web GUI is optional.
    All of my switches were running various generations of an enhanced image, but none had cryptographic functionality. It doesn't appear to be an EI/SI thing anymore, as tiersten pointed out. After a lot of digging on cisco's website I figured out that there are crypto and non-crypto enabled sub-versions of IOS, just in case the nomenclature wasn't confusing enough... icon_sad.gif

c2950-i6l2q4-XXXX - non crypto
    c2950-i6k2l2q4-XXXX - crypto
    tiersten wrote: »
    No. SI and EI both support SSH. I've no idea why Cisco list it as a EI only feature on your page. Another page says SI has it and the 2950 SI switches I've got do support it. I guess your one page was for an earlier IOS which did only support SSH in EI? You just need the crypto image to do it. The useless web GUI is optional.

Is it just me or are you the cisco spell check for most of the posts on this forum XD.

You are epic.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    chmorin wrote: »
    Is it just me or are you the cisco spell check for most of the posts on this forum XD.

You are epic.
    :P No. I've just got a bunch of 2950s and I know that SSH works with SI :P
    tiersten wrote: »
    :P No. I've just got a bunch of 2950s and I know that SSH works with SI :P

Whatever you say... epic.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you go look at the downloads available (with a guest level Cisco CCO Account) for the 2950s you see there there are 4 versions available which are the combinations of something like crypto, non-crypto, web and no web interface options.

You want one of the Crypto versions for the CCENT/CCNA.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • damien2008damien2008 Member Posts: 45 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    If you go look at the downloads available (with a guest level Cisco CCO Account) for the 2950s you see there there are 4 versions available which are the combinations of something like crypto, non-crypto, web and no web interface options.

You want one of the Crypto versions for the CCENT/CCNA.

I have just downloaded the following

c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA14.bin

it stated it was the crypto one, can you verify its the right one icon_confused.gif:

regards

damien2008
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    damien2008 wrote: »
    I have just downloaded the following

c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA14.bin

it stated it was the crypto one, can you verify its the right one icon_confused.gif:
    Yep -- that's the C2950 EI and SI IOS Crypto Image

The version that ends with TAR instead of BIN has the same IOS bin file inside the tar file, along with the web based device manager files. Just the bin file is fine for the CCNA.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Yep, that's the right one.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    im confused, I was not ale to find a downloadable image with the features I needed. I'm not sure if that was for the 2950 or one of my routers though.

Personally, wouldn't it make sense to enable free dl's of all IOS' for unsupported/EOL devices?
  • damien2008damien2008 Member Posts: 45 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the helpful replies, I just need to find a user guide on upgrading a switch's IOS now......
  • HeaVenSHeaVenS Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cpartin wrote: »

I clicked the link for the heck of it and I got confused....

get you a computer based tftp server, set its home directory to a location that has bin file and make sure its running

enable
    copy tftp flash
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (its going to ask for IP address give your computers)
    filename.bin

config terminal
    boot system flash:/filename.bin
    exit
    reload
    HeaVenS wrote: »
    I clicked the link for the heck of it and I got confused....

get you a computer based tftp server, set its home directory to a location that has bin file and make sure its running

enable
    copy tftp flash
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (its going to ask for IP address give your computers)
    filename.bin

config terminal
    boot system flash:/filename.bin
    exit
    reload

To new people, what you just posted is confusing. If you take the time to follow the instructions on the cisco website not only will you know what everything is doing, but WHY everything is done. If you follow copy/paste scripts with no context you don't actually learn anything.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: