Juniper in ISP Environment

Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
I have no experience with Juniper. I am *possibly* moving to a new position in an ISP environment that utilizes Juniper heavily. I was looking for a good book and had planned on purchasing JunOS Enterprise Routing but the text doesn't seem to cover advanced BGP, MPLS, and ISIS which are major areas that I will need to know. I will still probably pick up this book, but is there another text that anyone would recommend?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    I have no experience with Juniper. I am *possibly* moving to a new position in an ISP environment that utilizes Juniper heavily. I was looking for a good book and had planned on purchasing JunOS Enterprise Routing but the text doesn't seem to cover advanced BGP, MPLS, and ISIS which are major areas that I will need to know. I will still probably pick up this book, but is there another text that anyone would recommend?

If you are good with Cisco already check out the JUNOS Cookbook. It was recommended to me here and by coworkers and its a great reference book. Its not really going to teach you much in the way of theory, but if you already know how to set something up on a Cisco you can find the equivalent for JUNOS.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Some great resources for ISP based stuff are the free M-Series study guides/books. Check out this sticky thread about them.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/juniper-certifications/20080-jncia-thru-jncie-m-series-books-free.html
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender