Options

Can I use Exchange 2007 for 70-284 prep?

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey people,

I think we are all aware that MS stopped the free trial for Exchange 2003 and I am looking for a way to prepare my lab for the 70-284 exam.

I have an SBS2008 license available for my lab that I was saving for when I start the MCITP stuff but I dont have any access to Exchange 2003...

I was wondering what everyones view would be if I used the Exchange 2007 that comes with SBS2008 in order to do my preparation for the 70-284 Exchange 2003 exam?

Note: The book stores here dont stock the MS Self-Paced Training Kits icon_sad.gif if I order it'll take forever and the exam stops in March.

Regards,
David
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• Options
    sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    im not sure i would... certain parts of the architecture are diff vs 2k3 (connectors, management, owa, etc). might as well go for the 2k7 test unless the 2k3 is required for your job...
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • Options
    sidsanders wrote: »
    unless the 2k3 is required for your job...

Thanks for the advice!

You hit the nail on the head, We have alot of customers on exchange 2003 and I need to get up to speed with exchange 2003 so that I can support them... basically

So I guess you suggest I go hunt around for an old copy of sbs2003 and an sbs license and use exchange 2003 huh?

Thanks again.

Regards,
    David
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    No, they are different beasts. You can still download Exchange 2003 Standard through a Technet standard subscription:
    TechNet: Compare Subscriptions

$199 may seem like a lot for one exam, but if you are considering building a lab for more exams in the future, it's a good deal.
  • Options
    Sweeeetttt!!!

Thanks for that, my employer is working on the internal paper work for the purchase of the TechNet Profession with Media as I type!

Awesome!!! We will also be trialling forefront as well so this will come in very very handy.

Regards,
    David