About to Take Security +

ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
any advice?

Comments

• burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ATL-TECH wrote: »
    any advice?

Pass it and come back here and tell us you passed it!!!
  • PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Take the time to read the questions carefully and try to relax.
    Other than that, good luck!
    Let us know how you made out.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pander hit it on the money. Be very careful as the way things may be phrased can alter the expected answer. The Security+ serves as the culmination of the triad and builds upon both the A+ and Network+ material. As long as you're comfortable with the objectives you will do just fine.
  • pixelperson1pixelperson1 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I suggest a good nights sleep... I scheduled the test for a day off from work.

Set up the test for the early afternoon. Don't cram the night before.

Get up in the morning, light breakfast. Study just a little bit...review and verify the basics.

Go to test center about 30 min. early. Relax. Read each question twice BEFORE you look at the answers.

You'll do fine.
    C. Christensen
    CompTia Network+; A+ Certified, Security+
    www.creativeoverload.com
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Feel the confidence, and then nail it. Good luck, icon_thumright.gif
  • ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Congrats! What was your score?
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Lol...when I read "I have passed yall" I immediately looked at your location. I knew ya'll must live somewhere nearby.... icon_lol.gif

Congrats on the pass btw icon_thumright.gif
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Congrats on the pass. And what difference does the score make. I have a feeling I may not be posting my score for the Sec+ either. As long as its over 750 though I couldnt care less what it is. Even though you can't say you wouldnt like to see a score well into the 800's. Heh.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats on the pass. And what difference does the score make. I have a feeling I may not be posting my score for the Sec+ either. As long as its over 750 though I couldnt care less what it is. Even though you can't say you wouldnt like to see a score well into the 800's. Heh.

I swear to you, if I had a 750, I would have posted it with the same excitement as my 870. I never thought I would have personally bothered with this exam. LOL.

You do not get any special privileges for getting a 900! You do not get tomatoes thrown at you for 750 (and if there are morons out there that would, they are just sad). The only thng I like about my Security+ cert is the nice wallet card that feels so nice when I show it to folks. When you get yours, you'll see what I mean. :)
    Oh I know what you mean, I got the same quality card when I passed Net+ a month and a few weeks ago. but I dont have a use for the wallet card so it just sits in the file cabinet with the rest of the paperwork they sent. I also do not care for the smaller certificates, I have Server+ and A+ from 2005 and 2004 respectively and they are both full size certificates, hanging up these smaller ones will look silly unless I get a matted frame i suppose. But why shrink them?
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Oh I know what you mean, I got the same quality card when I passed Net+ a month and a few weeks ago. but I dont have a use for the wallet card so it just sits in the file cabinet with the rest of the paperwork they sent. I also do not care for the smaller certificates, I have Server+ and A+ from 2005 and 2004 respectively and they are both full size certificates, hanging up these smaller ones will look silly unless I get a matted frame i suppose. But why shrink them?

I too have the old school certificates from 2005 (A+ and Net+ and I agree, those were much nicer, but the wallet cards were garbage...they are almost becoming unrecognizable). This time around, they pretty much switched. Crappy certificates, nice wallet card.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

congrats!!
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
    Yeah i went and dug the old ones out and they ARE flimsy... VERY flimsy. You are right, it is a complete trade off. Me? Id rather have the better certificate...