Juniper Certification Incentive

jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
Has anyone else gotten this email regarding this promotion? I am not going to lie, I'm considering holding off my CCIE studies to attempt the JNCIA-Junos and JNCIS-ENT.

*side question*
Is it humanly possible to complete these exams before December 31st?

Joey
Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:

Comments

• Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    jahsoul wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten this email regarding this promotion? I am not going to lie, I'm considering holding off my CCIE studies to attempt the JNCIA-Junos and JNCIS-ENT.

*side question*
    Is it humanly possible to complete these exams before December 31st?

Joey

I saw it, and since none of the links lead back to Juniper, so I was a little suspicious. I'm sure it's probably legit, but it also looks like you're probably signing up for a bunch of spam and/or marketing related materials, and I get enough of that crap. I'll wait until Juniper's Fasttrack program starts offering free exam vouchers again.

Speaking of Juniper, anyone interested in Juniper certs should listen to the packet pushers podcast episode about it, they had a couple Juniper folks on talking about the future of Juniper certs.

Runt Packet No. 7 – Big Things Ahead For Juniper Certifications ? Packet Pushers
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    I saw it, and since none of the links lead back to Juniper, so I was a little suspicious. I'm sure it's probably legit, but it also looks like you're probably signing up for a bunch of spam and/or marketing related materials, and I get enough of that crap. I'll wait until Juniper's Fasttrack program starts offering free exam vouchers again.

Speaking of Juniper, anyone interested in Juniper certs should listen to the packet pushers podcast episode about it, they had a couple Juniper folks on talking about the future of Juniper certs.

Runt Packet No. 7 – Big Things Ahead For Juniper Certifications ? Packet Pushers
    I actually got a free voucher code that gets applied to your fast track account. Instead of passing the assessment and getting 50% off, it's now 100% off until December 31st. That's why I asked if it was possible to complete these 2 exams before the end of the year?
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    JNCIA-JUNOS? Definitely. The ENT as well? I guess at a push, depends on your Juniper experience. If you have little to none, and you aren't familiar with at least CCNP level routing and switching, then I'd say that ones pretty much a no go. The only people I've seen do ENT quickly are people with lots of Juniper experience, or are CCNP and above and they still had to study intensely.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
    stuh84 wrote: »
    JNCIA-JUNOS? Definitely. The ENT as well? I guess at a push, depends on your Juniper experience. If you have little to none, and you aren't familiar with at least CCNP level routing and switching, then I'd say that ones pretty much a no go. The only people I've seen do ENT quickly are people with lots of Juniper experience, or are CCNP and above and they still had to study intensely.
    I hear a challenge in that Stuh! lol...
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I got that email too. I am thinking now would be a good time to start working on a Juniper cert. I think I still have a couple olives in my closet...somewhere...
    rfult001 wrote: »
    I got that email too. I am thinking now would be a good time to start working on a Juniper cert. I think I still have a couple olives in my closet...somewhere...
    Can I have one? icon_lol.gif
    After really sitting down and thinking about it, I'm just going to go for the JNCIA-Junos so I can still focus on the CCIE written. So I'm probably going to do a 2 for 1 (2 week CCIE and then 1 Junos) until the end of the year. I think that will work out ok. icon_thumright.gif
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well I just got an email today, not sure why because I already have the lower 5 certs but it says recert counts too. If you pass one before the end of the year they will throw in a $25 Best Buy gift certificate and enter you in a drawing for 1 of 3 iPads. Plus the test is 100% free. Maybe I will do the new ENT version if that is available and nothing else is on my plate for year end.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO