passed

EverythingPCownerEverythingPCowner Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
passed with an 820....security+/linux+ here i come
Alabama or Bust!

Comments

• zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Congratulation! why are you going the Linux+ route as opposed to MCSE?
    just curious?
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on becoming Network+ certified!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • EverythingPCownerEverythingPCowner Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i am interested in unix and what it can bring to the table as far as security auditing can go....and i use it as my everyday os so... cant hurt to get one more ya know? I am actually getting my MCSE next as a whole... since it is well recognized and seems rewarding but ceh sec+ linux+..etc just interest me. I eventually want to work discovering new exploits and implimenting solutions.....ccie is my goal... everything now is just a stepping stone :)

also.. i work at a fortune 500 company as an intern... my boss is at a remote location( centralized IT)....he hasnt been in for a while and when he comes back i want to be able to present him with a quality resume, perhaps when the time comes for my budget to wear out....a spot will open for a full time possition ;)
    Alabama or Bust!
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    i am interested in unix and what it can bring to the table as far as security auditing can go....and i use it as my everyday os so... cant hurt to get one more ya know? I am actually getting my MCSE next as a whole... since it is well recognized and seems rewarding but ceh sec+ linux+..etc just interest me. I eventually want to work discovering new exploits and implimenting solutions.....ccie is my goal... everything now is just a stepping stone :)

Same here. I have been using Linux for over 4 years and loving it; however, I don't have an corporate experience; just home networking with Linux and Solaris. I'm currently pursuing my MCSE in a year, but I'm keeping my eye on the RHCE. I would like to switch over to Linux/Unix environment where there is less involvement in user's desktop or system admin., but more into network implementation, and network backbone administration.
    Again, congratulation on your N+ cert!
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • EverythingPCownerEverythingPCowner Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks
    Alabama or Bust!
  • sharpsharp Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !