Recertification, Is this still valid?

cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
I was looking for a re certification info about Cisco and I bumped into this link. I'm wondering if its still valid? This was posted on 2006.

SAN JOSE, Calif., August 15, 2006 - Cisco Systems® today announced that effective Aug. 18, 2006, individuals who hold an active Cisco® CCNP®, CCDP®, CCIPTM, CCSP®, or CCVP® certification will recertify their professional-level certifications when they pass any other Cisco professional-level certification exam. Certification holders will continue to re-certify their professional level certifications when they pass any CCIE written exam.

Cisco Systems Announces Recertification Policy Update for Professional-Level Certification -> Cisco News

The reason being is I was wondering if i have to take CCNA again if ever i passed the CCNP and my CCNP expires.

Thank you
-K

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    yes, it's still valid.

In order for your CCNP to expire you would have to go 3 years without passing a single professional level (or IE) exam. In that case, anything prior (CCNA) would be expired as well.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    The key word in the quote you provided is "active".

Getting and keeping an "active" pro-level cert will keep your CCNA from ever expiring. However, in order to keep your pro-level cert and any underlying associate-level cert from expiring, you gotta pass a pro-level exam (of any genre) at least once every three years.

If you don't, and your pro-level cert lapses, then so do any underlying associate-level certs.

So YEP... lapse your CCNP, and you'll be doing your NA all over again.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Time to study be like you guys! icon_cool.gif