any suggestion

sharpsharp Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I PASSED!! network+ and i do not know what exam should i take from microsoft 70-210 or 70-270

Comments

• StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    Congrats on the Pass. I'd go with 270 for obvious reasons.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats! I'd go with 210, for different reasons. While XP is newer, a lot of companies still use 2000, and I think if you can master 2000, you'll figure out XP, and whatever else comes around.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jasonandashley1jasonandashley1 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    which version did u pass?
    Brave, brave were the soldiers (high named to-day) who lived through the fight;
    But the bravest press'd to the front and fell, unnamed, unknown.
    ..Walt Whitman..
  • zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Congrats! I'd go with 210, for different reasons. While XP is newer, a lot of companies still use 2000, and I think if you can master 2000, you'll figure out XP, and whatever else comes around.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there, Ricka icon_lol.gif I believe XP will definitely be The One desktop client that MS is trying to get people to switch to because XP supports 64-Bit, which the coming LongHorn Server is supporting also. They have been aggressively trying to promote the XP for the last few years (and more this year). That is why MS dropped the supports for Windows 2000 to make way for the next new wave of technology.
    IMO, I would go with XP exam so I don't have to worry if I told the WIN 2000, and have to recertify again in the near future; save myself the time and energy for further education. This is my opinion and does not reflects anyone else (or does it?). :)
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think a lot of people will diasagree with me. I took 210, and I may still take 270 just for kicks, but I'm biased on building from the core, and without the technology introduced with 2000, XP would not exist. Plus Longhorn has been pushed back again, probably until next year or so; not to mention, there are very few companies and people who have 64 bit systems, or can afford them.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Im doing 70-270, but then im doing 70-215 and 70-218 for my MCSA...ive used XP more than 2000 though, but then the next two exams are 2000 based so ill pick 2000 up anyhow and have the advantage of XP too.
  • sharpsharp Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I PASSED THE NEW VERSION N10-003
  • sharpsharp Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the advice. i am reading the mike meyers passport mcse windows 2000 professional, i`m going to take firs win 2000 professional follow by win 2000 server.
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrads :D
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest I-NET the Security+, all these certs including NET + are related to each other.