Options

Some advice please

That_guyThat_guy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
If anyone knows, that is. How similar is the SK0-003 exam to the SK0-002? Because I can find literally no study material (in the UK) for the 2009 edition icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That_guy wrote: »
    If anyone knows, that is. How similar is the SK0-003 exam to the SK0-002? Because I can find literally no study material (in the UK) for the 2009 edition icon_sad.gif

To be honest don't even spend your money on this cert it's not worth it unless you are taking it for free in beta form. Go after ms or linux certs.
  • Options
    Tempting, I had a look at some of the modules on the GTS Learning site and they seemed to be either printers or networking. I just have a decent interest in servers and hoping to head towards that type of career.

I'm currently working towards A+ atm and should be certified within a month. I'll also be doing MCITP (680 and either 685 or 686 exams) in the new year. Server+ was, as mentioned, for my own general interest and also to give me a slight edge when it comes to finding employment.
  • Options
    krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To be honest don't even spend your money on this cert it's not worth it unless you are taking it for free in beta form. Go after ms or linux certs.

Excellent advise, icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    After looking about a bit more I think I probably will call it quits on going after this cert. Might look into Network+ or just concentrate on my studies for now. 701 exam on Monday \o/

Also, apologies for bumping an old(ish) thread ><
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    If you are still interested at all or for anyone that finds this thread looking for info element K has a course for the 2009 objectives. I have access to the course with my ACM membership which is very cheap for students.

I don't know how good the element k course is I only looked at it for a few minutes to get a feel for the difficulty. The test seemed like something I could pass with a week or two of study. I only considered taking it because the testing center I use is offering a very cheap voucher. I'm going to be at the testing center today I may see if they still have any left. If I fail no big deal I would only be out very little cash and I would probably learn at least a little in the process.