Wednesday

jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
Well, I went ahead and booked Sec+ for this Wednesday afternoon. I've plowed through Darril's book for about a week and a half, and found a lot of concepts I was pretty familiar with, and only one thing that I've had to devote a lot of time to understand (cryptography), so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Hopefully it's not a false sense of security.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    And that's done.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! I plan to sit for it on Monday after only 2 weeks of studying. I like you feel that I am ready so I guess only time will tell.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I did a little less than two weeks of studying, so it's definitely doable. Cryptography took a little bit of knuckling down and memorizing, but I was surprised by how much of it boiled down to pure common sense.