Anyone failed exam after using StudISCope questions for CISSP?

hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
Has anyone used the (ISC)2 CISSP StudISCope practice questions and still failed the exam? I have been scoring pretty good on them and have passed every one that I've taken. They're supposedly graded using the official algorithm used to score the real exam.

If I can pass these on the first try, can I assume I'll have a good chance to pass the real exam?

Comments

• hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Having 300 views on this post and no replies is a great sign. This means StuISCope users are passing! Either that or nobody uses them so they don't post lol.
  • icandoiticandoit Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't find the StudiScope questions to have any better material than the cccure tests. StudiScope questions are nothing like the real exam, no practice questions are. Get the concepts clear, thats all you need.
    icandoit wrote: »
    I didn't find the StudiScope questions to have any better material than the cccure tests. StudiScope questions are nothing like the real exam, no practice questions are. Get the concepts clear, thats all you need.
    How did you fair on the real exam?

I felt that the StudISCope questions were written like the real exam questions. In similar context, delivery and also with the same focus. ISC(2) also states something like this on the StudISCope site in the FAQ.
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    How did you fair on the real exam?

I felt that the StudISCope questions were written like the real exam questions. In similar context, delivery and also with the same focus. ISC(2) also states something like this on the StudISCope site in the FAQ.

I primarily used cisspexampractice.com practice test subscription (2 months). These questions just help re-enforce what you've learned and may help in explaining what you don't know. Out of the thousands of practice exams I used, I came across one question that was some-what related what I came across. I'm not implying people are looking for brain **** or anything. I think practice exams are what you make of them.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • blittrellblittrell Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Used **** and All-in-One CISSP study guide. Passed the first time but I studied 2000 questions from ****, gradually whittling down my missed question to around 1%-2%. Tried the test prep software that came with All-in-one but I kind of have a system with **** that seems to work for me so I stuck with it.

I would say anything that makes you really think about the questions is good. The **** test prep was riddled with grammatically challenging questions. That is a comma placed in a certain area changes the answer, it really helped me study the question before answering and maybe that, more then anything, helped me on the exam.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    blittrell wrote: »
    Used ******** and All-in-One CISSP study guide. Passed the first time but I studied 2000 questions from ********, gradually whittling down my missed question to around 1%-2%. Tried the test prep software that came with All-in-one but I kind of have a system with ******** that seems to work for me so I stuck with it.

I would say anything that makes you really think about the questions is good. The ******** test prep was riddled with grammatically challenging questions. That is a comma placed in a certain area changes the answer, it really helped me study the question before answering and maybe that, more then anything, helped me on the exam.

Unfortunately, it looks like ******** is a braindump vendor, according to CertGuard. Looks like you were sold cheating material (hopefully) without knowing it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it looks like ******** is a braindump vendor, according to CertGuard. Looks like you were sold cheating material (hopefully) without knowing it.
    I stayed away from BD vendors in order to validate my knowledge! ;) That should be everyone's focus.
  • blittrellblittrell Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »

Not quite sure how it would be considered cheating material when none of the questions matched the actual test, in that sense I guess all practice tests are **** material.

As far as brain ****, it is true there is a lot of heavy duty learning but for me that is what I need, my brain works in a more overall concept point of view. That is I will understand the entire picture of something but the details will be pushed off to the back of my mind, so I might remember the way different security models work but not the names of them. So doing these "Brain-****" practice tests gets those details etched into my brain. For instance, I read through the All-In-One book and of course with my 16 years experience in the tech field I was getting around 65-70% on the tests, sure I may have passed with that but it was the little details that were bugging me.

That all being said I stand by my original post that any tests that get you to think about the question and really read it to see what it is actually asking is good for this test. I have never taken a test that was so sneaky in trying to throw you off, maybe that is part of the testing itself, attention to detail, or not. Most Cert test ask a simple question and you have answers, if there is a misplaced comma it is probably due to a mistype.