Passed!!!!!

mworwellmworwell Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed Sec+ today with a 817. Oddly enough i didn't get many cryptography questions at all. That was the area I was most worried about and I poured hours and hours into understanding all of the cryptography details only to get a few questions about it. Anyway
glad to get this one out of the way. I used Darril Gibson's book almost exclusively(well worth the $10). I'll take the Network+ in about a week and a half and hope to have the same result.

Comments

• badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Nice! you used the kindle version of darril's book.. congrats and goodluck on Network+
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck on the N+. icon_thumright.gif
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mworwell wrote: »
    I'll take the Network+ in about a week and a half and hope to have the same result.

You should stomp Net+ easily. Reading the book right now for Sec+ and seeing a lot of overlap so far. Congrats on the pass and good luck on Net+.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Yeah the Sec+ overlapped quite a bit, at least in the network sections. I passed the Net+ right before starting studying for the Sec+, when I got to the network chapter of Darril's book, i skipped it completely and still scored around a 90% on the chapter review questions. If you've got Sec+ already, Net+ will not be difficult.