Options

Multi NIC's in same subnet

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi

I set up a VMware machione running Unbunta with 4 NIC's

What I wanted was for the box to apeare as 4 seperate physical webservers. So I intended to assigen a seperate IP to each nic all from the same sub net

how ever as soon as I do this the network stops working ?

The server can ping the DFGW from on NIc but not the others?

can any one help is setting this up.

4 nics one sub net?

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    Oh i see you can add in secondary interfaces

eth0:1
    eth0:2

etc so only need one nic so do what i need :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    With aliases, mind that their addresses can only be statically assigned. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
  • Options
    oh i am playing with F5 loadbalancing, so I just setting up 8 websites each serverd by a seperate IP address. serving a slightly diffrerent home page.

then i can set up the F5 to use various methods and see what it returns.

Using virtual sites in apache and ip alies I can potential have a few hundrad simple virtual web servers to play around with the load balancing.

They all want to be statice any way so it is a perfect solution.