Options

QOS and CEF

BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
Hey guys I am currently hammering QOS and CEF, what resource do you recommend that will get me well rounded with this especially QOS?

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    i know the 3550 switches run qos fine. with out something that can stress the network you wont notice the effect of QOS so really its learning the commands and understanding the theroy. same with cef. in labs the difference between having it on or off is tiny. infact many new switches you cant turn it off. you can get some thing like charriot to create data and saturate the links with mixtures of data types to demo QOS if you want.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys I am currently hammering QOS and CEF, what resource do you recommend that will get me well rounded with this especially QOS?

I've used Dummy Net to simulate latency, delay and bandwidth limitations and how QoS can help our production network. It's fairly simple to get configured. Hadn't used it in awhile, but we were able to simulate some very real network traffic and apply some QoS to make our traffic very deterministic. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    QoS Exam Certification Guide (Cisco Press)

Its the book I used to assist in my QoS exam sitting....brilliant book....written by Wendell Odom...

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Thanks alot guys I have 3 3550 that I am playing around QoS with but the material that I am currently using to study QoS is not delivering, perhaps I'll try to get stuck with this for a long time.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    APA wrote: »
    QoS Exam Certification Guide (Cisco Press)

Its the book I used to assist in my QoS exam sitting....brilliant book....written by Wendell Odom...

Agreed, fantastic book. I'm reading it now.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I download the soup to nuts free lab, I will practice more on QoS especially the material is not materializing, it's my first time dealing with QoS.
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used Dummy Net to simulate latency, delay and bandwidth limitations and how QoS can help our production network. It's fairly simple to get configured. Hadn't used it in awhile, but we were able to simulate some very real network traffic and apply some QoS to make our traffic very deterministic. HTH.

-Peanut

Interesting, I will have check this out!

Thanks!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT