Think I'm ready for ICND2...

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
I feel that I need to freshen up on OSPF, EIGRP and IPv6; other than those I feel I am ready to schedule my exam. Oh, and I need to better my speed with subnetting.

Does anyone have any advice for me, concerning the exam? Does anyone know of any valid discounted vouchers?

I hate when this nervous feeling overwhelms me. If this feels as it does now, I wonder how I will feel when my fiance informs me that I will be a father. :O

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I feel that I need to freshen up on OSPF, EIGRP and IPv6; other than those I feel I am ready to schedule my exam. Oh, and I need to better my speed with subnetting.

Does anyone have any advice for me, concerning the exam? Does anyone know of any valid discounted vouchers?

I hate when this nervous feeling overwhelms me. If this feels as it does now, I wonder how I will feel when my fiance informs me that I will be a father. :O

Its been a while Monkerz! Its all about time management and focus. Imagine the CCENT except with ICND2 topics. As always, make sure to use the initial 15 minutes to write down a subnetting key (/8 is 255.0.0.0, /9 is 255.128.0.0 etc) and any other notes you need prior to hitting "Start". I got my voucher for this exam at getcertify4less.com (the link on the side bar "Exam Vouchers"). Look for early expiry ones; those usually go for a good amount.

EDIT: I found this one: Discount Cisco Certifications Test Vouchers from GetCertify4Less.com

Take the exam by my bday, aka this wednesday, for 99 bux!
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    I took my ICND2 exam last Friday and just failed (811/825), ooh so close.

My advice is to try to relax when you start the exam. I rushed through the first 5 or 6 questions due to nerves, I think 3 of those were the simlet type of question which made me panic a little. The rest I thought was relatively easy. I finshed the exam with 11 minutes to spare.

If I'd taken a little more time on those first few questions, I'm almost 100% sure I would have passed.

Try to get those nerves under control before you hit "start", I know I will be next time.
  • CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    I too am going to take my ICND2 soon (maybe monday 29th Nov). Like you i need a brush up on a few topics but i have been reading it all for so long now i decided to just go for it. If the boson tests are anything to go by im hitting 85% (ish) each time, and for the ICND1 the boson questions were alot harder than the actual test, so im hoping its the roughly the same.

I usualy take the time the week before to go over most material and the night before do about 2 hours of cram and get an early night.

Good luck monkerz !
    [CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Thanks guys, we will see out it goes. GL Coolhandluke!
  • CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is nice, I like knowing how other people are going through their journey to becoming a CCNA. I'm planning on taking the ICND2 in January...as it's so close to the end of this year, and there's more and more work parties, events, Christmas...I've accepted that I'm not going to do it this year.

@ wbosher: Ah, unlucky bro. I know what you mean about those first 5-6 questions though, when I was taking ICND1, I got bombarded with simlets straight away...!!
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• rob_crossleyrob_crossley Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took my ICND2 exam today and failed with 801/825 needed to pass. Felt well disappointed in myself. Didnt think i could do much better that i did. There wasnt any question which i didnt know. Felt like my subnetting and simlet Q's were on point. Had 10 mins left at the end. Feel like cr@p atm. But i guess it's back to the books and bit more labbing and hopefully in the new year ill slay the CCNA monster!
    Study Hard! Learn Hard! Earn Hard!
    "If you stop learnin, you stop earnin!"
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I took my ICND2 exam today
    Don't let it bother you or it will interfere with your study icon_study.gif for your rematch.

Compare your score report against the exam blueprint to get a better breakdown of the topics you need to brush up on. But don't forget to review your strong points also -- luck of the draw of questions from the exam pool could give you the "hard questions" in a topic where you crushed the "powder puff questions" last time.

Good Luck on the rematch!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Scheduled for Dec 10th. Six days before my 25th b-day. Started getting nervous as soon as I hit the submit order button. icon_thumright.gif
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Scheduled for Dec 10th. Six days before my 25th b-day. Started getting nervous as soon as I hit the submit order button. icon_thumright.gif

Good luck man. I think thats about when I completed my CCNA also. I highly recommend reviewing the exam blueprint and anything that says "configure", make sure you lab it up. Its a good idea to lab up everything you can anyways but pay particular attention to those items.
    Scheduled for Dec 10th.
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Started getting nervous as soon as I hit the submit order button. icon_thumright.gif

Oh Boy, here we go agian!!!

Good luck I am sure you'll get it.
    I'm just counting down the days till next Friday...

Have you ever just got tired of studying? I am to the point that I don't even want to pick up my CCNA book and read anymore. I kind of want to start "CCNP: Route" already.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I'm just counting down the days till next Friday...

Have you ever just got tired of studying? I am to the point that I don't even want to pick up my CCNA book and read anymore. I kind of want to start "CCNP: Route" already.

I reached that point on every exam I have ever studied for where I want to move on.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    it sounds dumb but read the questions thoroughly including any diagrams/topologys as sometimes there can be several problems but the one they could be looking for is that a subnets wrong (and therefore the other faults don't really count as the wrong subnet would stop it anyway).

oh and of course, study icon_study.gif

good luck!
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Started getting nervous as soon as I hit the submit order button. icon_thumright.gif
    Hahaha icon_lol.gif
    I know that feeling.

I feel like this too. I've come to realize, when I start feeling like this, I'm ready to take the exam. Like when the studying becomes boring. However I've only taken CompTIA exams so far.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Wait until you've just answered the last question on the exam and hit "next".

That'll be the longest minute of your life before the results come up. I'm not joking either, it can take up to a minute!!! icon_surprised.gif

I'm sure they do that on purpose. icon_wink.gif
    Yeah, for CCENT that last minute made me think i failed it. Cisco, you're so cruel.

I really can't wait to take this exam. I wanted to reschedule it like 5 times to take it sooner, but friday is the only day my boss will allow me to take off for it. icon_sad.gif

I just purchased an exam cram from Amazon for "Kindle for PC". I'll review it before sitting for my exam.

I know the feeling, asking yourself "Is there anything more I can do?" Reviewing the book(s) and thinking "Why, I already know all of this because I have been studying for so long." It can get frustrating.

No matter what, I always throw in one more Hail-Mary-study-everything-once-more within 36 hours of the exam. But that's just my tradition.
    Passed! Im happy as hell! Time for a beer!
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783

Awesome dude time to go drink 20 beers and brag in the bar about how you passed the CCNA and watch everyone be like "wtf is the CCNA?" icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    Awesome dude time to go drink 20 beers and brag in the bar about how you passed the CCNA and watch everyone be like "wtf is the CCNA?" icon_thumright.gif

Nerds populate the bar I visit. :)
  • bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Good job - makes the weekend that much sweeter icon_thumright.gif

I wish I were in a networking role. I'm jealous of your future CCNP studies. icon_sad.gif I'm just trying to do whatever will get me out of desktop support the fastest.

Happy studying!
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    Makes the weekend and my birthday that much sweeter.

I understand where you are coming from. I was in a desktop support role for 3 years. It wasn't till I started studying and actually getting the certifications, that I was noticed by my superiors. A Network Engineer position opened and I was considered for it.

When I began on the cert track, I doubted finding a job in the networking field, but I put my mind to it and came out on top.

I hope you land the role you are looking for! icon_thumright.gif
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    brag in the bar about how you passed the CCNA and watch everyone be like "wtf is the CCNA?" icon_thumright.gif
    You mean you don't have a Cisco Bar in your area?

Wow -- I just assumed any city big enough to have a Cop Bar (or Doctor Bar, or Teacher Bar, or Post Office Employee Bar, etc) also had a Cisco Bar -- or at least a Cisco/Juniper Bar. icon_scratch.gif
    I knew you would get it! Happy Birthday and Congratz!! Careful at the bar, pissed off drunk nerds are a lot tougher these days. icon_blackeye.gif
    I knew you would get it! Happy Birthday and Congratz!! Careful at the bar, pissed off drunk nerds are a lot tougher these days. icon_blackeye.gif

Thanks DG icon_thumright.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and happy birthday. I figured you'd come out on top.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.