Options

JNCIA-Junos by Dec 31

bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
Yeah; I'm going to try getting the cert by then since I got the email about it being free.

I watched some of the 'network fundamentals' series of videos, but there was little I didn't already know, so I've grabbed the 2 .pdf files available on the fasttrack links. I'm nearly done with the 1st pdf. I also have a couple VirtualBox olives I tinker with while I'm reading the pdfs.

Question is; will those pdf's be enough, or should I grab some other material as well? I'm not sure what to expect.
Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno

Comments

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    On top of that, I got hold of the JUNOS Cookbook, and JUNOS For Dummies. Both were very useful, and as they were more generalised, they will continue to be useful for further studies.

However, the JUNOS has changed a little since I did it, it now no longer has the troubleshooting PDF (bigger than the other two combined) so it may be a lot easier to deal with.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pdfs should suffice, especially if you have prior exposure to junos.
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    although, i do recommend more study materials to expand and round out your knowledge. stuh84 is on the money with the cookbook and junos for dummies. they're not targeted towards any exam, but there is lots of great info within them. junos for dummies will be a good intro to junos.

and speaking of, there was a junos fundamentals book in development with a estimate of december. however, that book as dropped off o'reilly's website and amazon.com doesn't show much information about it anymore. hopefully it's still in the works and coming soon? if and when that book arrives, it was slated to be the official guide for the JNCIA-Junos.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whats the code for this promotion? is it valid in the UK as im looking to study this after i finish this semester.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    nel wrote: »
    Whats the code for this promotion? is it valid in the UK as im looking to study this after i finish this semester.

I don't remember exactly what the code is, but I beleive its only valid through December 31st. So if you are taking it in the next two weeks or so its probably not much good to you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.