Sheduled for 11/23

bobbaftbobbaft Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well after about 2 months of studying, I'm thinking I'm ready....

Finished Darrill's book last night (thanks to all for suggesting it) and I'm thinking (hoping) I'm pretty confident with the topics that I'll be able to squeeze this one out.

I used the Transcenders and Mike Meyer's Passport, then as I stated, read Darrill's book over the last few nights.

Tomorrow at this time, hopefully I'll be posting back with a pass and more thanks to all of you who gave out all the various suggestions and tips!

Hopefully I can pass this better than I do my spelling & typing tests! *SCHEDULED*

Comments

• PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    If you used Darril's book you'll pass. Everything else is just icing for your score.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    goodluck!
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • bobbaftbobbaft Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darril can now chalk up another win on his list!

I forgot how tedious the 100 question exams are compared to the 30 or so MS asks. I got to the 60-70 mark and was getting "bored". It got to be where I would read the answers and see if I could guess the question, a mode I had to snap out of very quickly!

I have to say, Darril's book (DB) gave me the edge. Transcenders prepped me for some of the material, but only because I bought them first and was learning them as I took the tests. Mike Meyer's Passport is a good companion to DB, but I think the only reason I passed was DB. The topics he covered were dead on to what was asked in the exam, unlike the Transcender questions.

There were some confusing questions that were worded differently or similar answers that made me scratch my head. I was surprised when I got my score (AFTER the freaking survey, mind you) that it was that high. At the end I was just hoping for the minimum of 750.

Hmmmm....what's next? Maybe I'll take Server+ just to get it. Then work on upgrading my MCSA to 2008.

But again: THANKS to everyone here who posted advice, tips, and recommended Darril's Book!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the score! Same thing I got. Mine was before I had heard about DB so I used sybex and Labsim.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    bobbaft wrote: »
    Darril can now chalk up another win on his list!

I forgot how tedious the 100 question exams are compared to the 30 or so MS asks. I got to the 60-70 mark and was getting "bored". It got to be where I would read the answers and see if I could guess the question, a mode I had to snap out of very quickly!

I have to say, Darril's book (DB) gave me the edge. Transcenders prepped me for some of the material, but only because I bought them first and was learning them as I took the tests. Mike Meyer's Passport is a good companion to DB, but I think the only reason I passed was DB. The topics he covered were dead on to what was asked in the exam, unlike the Transcender questions.

There were some confusing questions that were worded differently or similar answers that made me scratch my head. I was surprised when I got my score (AFTER the freaking survey, mind you) that it was that high. At the end I was just hoping for the minimum of 750.

Hmmmm....what's next? Maybe I'll take Server+ just to get it. Then work on upgrading my MCSA to 2008.

But again: THANKS to everyone here who posted advice, tips, and recommended Darril's Book!

So what WAS your score? icon_cool.gif

And yeah, we have drawn a fairly good assumption that when scheduled with vue, you get the survey AFTER the test and BEFORE your score... very annoying. Both my Sec+ and Net+ were that way.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats, nice score! icon_cheers.gif
    So what WAS your score? icon_cool.gif

he got a 855, says on his title icon_cool.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)