"Temp Fail" on phone when making calls.

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
I went to one of our sites to test out our gateway one last time before we start our big CUCM upgrade, only to find that somehow something is not working properly anymore.

The only change being on it is me adding AAA authentication and a RADIUS server to it. Previously I was able to send and receive phone calls just fine through the gateway. Now when a phone call is sent/received on the device, there is no audio and the phone displays "Temp Fail". I know it has to do with the gateway since I can point the DN at another gateway and the call will go through just fine.

Very little information out there on it, but I can confirm the following:

The gateway is MGCP and stays connected to the CCM server during the call.
The phone is functioning correctly (Tried different phones and different DN's).

I'm not sure where to begin. The gateway was functioning properly. What little detail I can find seems to say its either a disconnection from the CCM server, or a DSP/codec error. Since no configurations have changed, I'm afraid it may be a hardware problem.

Any guidance on where to check next?

Thanks.
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well I think I found the issue. I started to debug some codec and dsp stuff, and ended up debugging signaling too. I found this:
    no more ring descriptiors available on slot 0 dsp 1
    which ends up restarting the entire voice module.

After some snooping on cisco websites I found that on 2801's, I have a 2851, the IOS that is used can cause this error and was fixed in later versions.

EDIT: I just upgraded the IOS of the gateway, and everything works perfectly. Yay! Hopefully this helps someone.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.