Wrong result published

rosedalerosedale Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I took the CISSP exam on Sep and on Oct mid they gave me the result saying that I am passed, then I submitted the documents for endorsement. Two weeks after that I got another mail from ISC2 saying that I am actually FAILED. and I scored only 680 and need 700 to pass.. Please let me know what to do in this case. What is the credibility of this certification if they are publishing wrong results at the first time. I feel very bad and humiliated among my coworkers.. No words to express. They are offering full refund of the fees or free admission to exam anytime within one year.. Please suggest..

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Apparently the reverse has been happening as well.

See this thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/60173-failed-then-30-days-later-passed.html

Definitely take the refund. You've now seen the exam and were extremely close; I'm sure on the next attempt will go a lot smoother and you will bring home that CISSP.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Yep one of my co-workers had the opposite experience with that test. We were actually wondering if there were people who failed, but got passing results initially, and I guess this confirms it. That does suck man, I would definitely take the refund and reschedule....study study study...you were VERY close. Sorry about it though, it is a bummer.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear the bad news man.

Thiis is one
    BIG FAIL for ISC2
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't see how it is a "BIG FAIL" for ISC. When pencil and paper are still required for tests, mistakes can happen. Doesn't anyone else remember in grade school having to go back and re-check Scantron tests because the machines would jump and incorrectly mark answers as right/wrong? Just be thankful they go back and check for accuracy after the initial scoring.

The inconvenience of the wrong result is certainly a pain and I even see where the embarrassment would come from. At the end of the day, you are getting a second shot at the exam for absolutely nothing. Very few others get that chance. Be satisfied with knowing you get to save $500+ and a chance to retake the exam.
  • rosedalerosedale Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Apparently the reverse has been happening as well.

See this thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/60173-failed-then-30-days-later-passed.html

Definitely take the refund. You've now seen the exam and were extremely close; I'm sure on the next attempt will go a lot smoother and you will bring home that CISSP.

Yes, I called the Customer Service and they are sending a free exam voucher which is valid for 365 days.. So going to face the beasticon_twisted.gif again icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is a little wakeup for all thosepeople who wonder why it takes a while to get their results. The checks should have been done BEFORE the results were published. That's why I called it a fail on ISC2s part. They are admitting to messing up atleast and you get a free retake!
    You were close. Knock it out next time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    RTmarc wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone else remember in grade school having to go back and re-check Scantron tests because the machines would jump and incorrectly mark answers as right/wrong?
    I would say that this is at least an extremely rare occurrence for errors like this to actually make it to the exam candidates themselves. Procedural errors like this have probably happened before, but were always quickly caught and corrected internally. Then again, maybe this occurred under a set of circumstances the exam grading service had never experienced before.
  • eplawhorneplawhorn Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rosedale wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I took the CISSP exam on Sep and on Oct mid they gave me the result saying that I am passed, then I submitted the documents for endorsement. Two weeks after that I got another mail from ISC2 saying that I am actually FAILED. and I scored only 680 and need 700 to pass.. Please let me know what to do in this case. What is the credibility of this certification if they are publishing wrong results at the first time. I feel very bad and humiliated among my coworkers.. No words to express. They are offering full refund of the fees or free admission to exam anytime within one year.. Please suggest..

I took the exam on 17 Sep 2010 and notified on 20 Oct 2010 that I had passed the exam. So, I got a CISSP to endorse me and we got the receipt of the endorsement package. Then, out of the blue I received a fail notice followed by a score sheet. So, I called (ISC)2 and they just gave the run around. First, they would tell me what really happend and still don't totally believe their stroy, but they're sticking to it. What I find totally stupid is that they had already run two different quality control checks on my scores before they sent me the pass notice, but for some unknown reason they decided to run yet a third quality control check and they told that check is what decided I failed. So, I really wonder what would happen, if I requested a manual regrade in my presence - would it produce, yet another possible score.

Also, I was also offered a full refund for my orginial testing fee, a free voucher to retake within a year and free online seminars.

Additionally, do you guys really this error has effect somewhere between 200 to 2000 individuals?

I'm personnally looking into blowing the whistle on this organization and asking for a full investigation into this organization's operations and procedures. This is to big of a error to just blow it off.

What do you all think?
  • don1don1 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    eplawhorn wrote: »
    I took the exam on 17 Sep 2010 and notified on 20 Oct 2010 that I had passed the exam. So, I got a CISSP to endorse me and we got the receipt of the endorsement package. Then, out of the blue I received a fail notice followed by a score sheet. So, I called (ISC)2 and they just gave the run around. First, they would tell me what really happend and still don't totally believe their stroy, but they're sticking to it. What I find totally stupid is that they had already run two different quality control checks on my scores before they sent me the pass notice, but for some unknown reason they decided to run yet a third quality control check and they told that check is what decided I failed. So, I really wonder what would happen, if I requested a manual regrade in my presence - would it produce, yet another possible score.

Also, I was also offered a full refund for my orginial testing fee, a free voucher to retake within a year and free online seminars.

Additionally, do you guys really this error has effect somewhere between 200 to 2000 individuals?

I'm personnally looking into blowing the whistle on this organization and asking for a full investigation into this organization's operations and procedures. This is to big of a error to just blow it off.

What do you all think?

I am with you on this..."blowing the whistle...This is too big of an error to just blow it off.." Do you want to talk about this on the side?
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol...this is amazing.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    With regard to the (ISC)2 Erroneous Pass/Fail Notifications incident, please refer to this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/60443-isc-2-erroneous-pass-fail-notifications.html#post474434
This discussion has been closed.