Options

Should I attempt to get a discount for the exams?

feng.lianfeng.lian Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Should I bother? I'm still kinda young and my parents pay so yeah... I must have just lost the respect of 90% of you by saying that.

Okay, seriously, how much work is required to get how much discount? If it's too much work for not a lot then I'd rather just concentrate on studying. I am on a nice roll and is trying to get one certification per month.

Comments

• Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    Total Seminars: Discount Vouchers

there are a lot of ways to save money and your parents can afford to do more if you use some of the stuff. i used 2 vouchers from total sem and saved 50 bucks and it only took a few mouse clicks
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Check the EXAM VOUCHERS on the left-hand column.

GetCertify4less has a few options.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    pixelsspixelss Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Thank for the great info, i bought a voucher from Total Seminars: Discount Vouchers, do they send the voucher number by e-mail or regular mail?
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    pixelss wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank for the great info, i bought a voucher from Total Seminars: Discount Vouchers, do they send the voucher number by e-mail or regular mail?

Email, takes about 24 hours to get it.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Early expiring vouchers are sometimes much cheaper. Typically they expire in 2-4 weeks. So logically get it as you near the end of your studying.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    feng.lian wrote: »
    Should I bother? I'm still kinda young and my parents pay so yeah... I must have just lost the respect of 90% of you by saying that.

Okay, seriously, how much work is required to get how much discount? If it's too much work for not a lot then I'd rather just concentrate on studying. I am on a nice roll and is trying to get one certification per month.

You're being smart. I saved about ~$50 for my Network+ voucher.

It's pretty easy, takes about 5 minutes to buy, then another 1 hour to receive your voucher code thru your email (this is my experience with GetCertify4Less).

If you choose a Pearson Vue test center, online registration approval takes a day.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, def get a voucher. I was the guy who paid full price. I am also the guy who is going to get reimbursed for passing. ;)
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Good info, I have always been skeptical of those voucher websites, and I never used one. I guess next time I need to considerate.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security