Microsoft AD Topology Diagrammer

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
Bl8ckr0uter and I were having a conversation on AD, and he asked me an easy way to get some info on AD. I remembered at one time I had used a tool from Microsoft to map out the domain - Microsoft AD Topology Diagrammer. You have to have Visio installed to use it, but the tool will pretty much lay out your AD/OU infrastructure for you, and then **** it in to Visio. If you have Exchange you can have it put that in as well (we don't run Exchange in the lab so I haven't used that feature).

Info: Here
Download: Here

Just thought I'd share this with everyone as it might be beneficial to others!
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I give it a thumbs up, it is good for some pretty quick discovery in a new environment.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I tried to give you rep but I must spread some around lol
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got him for you. There's a reason RK calls me rep slut as I'm pretty easy. I'm gonna see if this'l work on my lab server with just 4 2008 R2 ent VMs, 1 2008 Server core VM, and a couple client VMs
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Works great, I love this tool. icon_thumright.gif
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks for the kind words guys! I figured this tool could help quite a few people, so thought I'd share.

Earweed - I believe it will only show your DC's so any other server/clients won't show up (at least I know of). I could be wrong however. I know one of the earlier versions of Visio had a feature that would map your entire infrastructure (that was years ago).
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS