Please, Help Explain

I went for a job wriiten assessment yesterday, and I had a question, check the attached file. Please, explain to me, if there is a computer in DCOA1, what is the FQDN name to that computer? Please, help? Thanks

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DCOA1.west.treyresearch.com.
  • jamesbrownjamesbrown Member Posts: 216
    DCOA1.west.treyresearch.com.
    Thank you man.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jamesbrown wrote: »
    Thank you man.

I mean I am like almost 100% that is correct lol. What did you put on the test?
    I mean I am like almost 100% that is correct lol. What did you put on the test?
    maybe i have the question wrong because, I pick something like computer_name.DCOA1.west.treyresearch.com.
    you might be right or maybe i didn't understand the question. I hope i score 80%, to get an interview.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck and hope you get it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Good luck and hope you get it.

I passed the exam and i'll be going for the interview sometime this week. I'm so excited:D
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Woo Hoo Congrats!
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jamesbrown wrote: »
    maybe i have the question wrong because, I pick something like computer_name.DCOA1.west.treyresearch.com.
    you might be right or maybe i didn't understand the question. I hope i score 80%, to get an interview.

I think you are both wrong, based on the diagram.

It is a trick. West is a sub-domain of east. The correct answer is:

DCOA1.west.east.treyresearch.com

If the answer were DCOA1.west.treyresearch.com then east and west would be peers, on the same level directly under treyresearch.com

EDIT: Here is an image to illustrate the point.
    http://images.devshed.com/af/stories/Domain_Importance/image15.jpg
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you are both wrong, based on the diagram.

It is a trick. West is a sub-domain of east. The correct answer is:

DCOA1.west.east.treyresearch.com

If the answer were DCOA1.west.treyresearch.com then east and west would be peers, on the same level directly under treyresearch.com

EDIT: Here is an image to illustrate the point.
    http://images.devshed.com/af/stories/Domain_Importance/image15.jpg
    The diagram is wrong. "west.treyresearch.com" is shown as a child domain of "east.treyresearch.com", which is not allowed since they are at the same level in the hierarchy. They should both be shown as child domains one level below "treyresearch.com".
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The diagram is wrong. "west.treyresearch.com" is shown as a child domain of "east.treyresearch.com", which is not allowed since they are at the same level in the hierarchy. They should both be shown as child domains one level below "treyresearch.com".

+1. I was thinking that was a bit off too.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■

Hah! That is correct. Kind of. Why not assume the text is wrong? I was thrown off by that. This is in fact an impossible question based on the diagram and legend.
    Hah! That is correct. Kind of. Why not assume the text is wrong? I was thrown off by that. This is in fact an impossible question based on the diagram and legend.
    I probably couldn't remember the question but i think the question worth 10 point or so. But, the good new is -- I have an interview:) Thanks guys.