(ISC)2 Erroneous Pass/Fail Notifications

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
The (ISC)2 has published official information on its Web site about the erroneous exam results reported incident:

(ISC)2 Blog: Erroneous Pass/Fail Notifications

(ISC)2 Blog: Update on (ISC)2 Erroneous Exam notifications

These articles give information on how to contact the (ISC)2 to receive further official information. They also clarify the mistaken impression that a "provisional Associate CISSP" certification was awarded to people who failed but were initially told they passed. No such provisional certification will be awarded.

I would like to stress that this Web site, www.TechExams.net, is not a representative of the (ISC)2. Any posting about "official" (ISC)2 policy made in our discussion forums is purely opinion and speculation.

Comments

• eplawhorneplawhorn Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The (ISC)2 has published official information on its Web site about the erroneous exam results reported incident:

(ISC)2 Blog: Erroneous Pass/Fail Notifications

(ISC)2 Blog: Update on (ISC)2 Erroneous Exam notifications

These articles give information on how to contact the (ISC)2 to receive further official information. They also clarify the mistaken impression that a "provisional Associate CISSP" certification was awarded to people who failed but were initially told they passed. No such provisional certification will be awarded.

I would like to stress that this Web site, www.TechExams.net, is not a representative of the (ISC)2. Any posting about "official" (ISC)2 policy made in our discussion forums is purely opinion and speculation.

JD, I been corresponding with several different (ISC)2 Senior Management about this matter and I still don't totally under what all occurred, but the Blog by the Executive Director is only (ISC)2 organization reply. So, the more questions I ask the more information I've been finding out. (ISC)2 needs to review their work processes greatly.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eplawhorn wrote: »
    JD, I been corresponding with several different (ISC)2 Senior Management about this matter and I still don't totally under what all occurred, but the Blog by the Executive Director is only (ISC)2 organization reply. So, the more questions I ask the more information I've been finding out. (ISC)2 needs to review their work processes greatly.

I have to apologize once again for this, but seriously, what does (ISC)2 needing "to review their work processes greatly" have to do with the price of tea in China as far as you're concerned? What do you have to gain by trying to fight them?

eplawhorn, here are the facts:

1) You failed the CISSP exam.

2) (ISC)2 messed up. (Big time, yes)

3) (ISC)2 apologized for the mess up and has given you and others an opportunity that you would have not have received had they not messed up and said you passed.

I understand that this is painful. That is why I haven't contributed to the negative rep you have received. TEers do not give negative rep to folks lightly (for the most part...). I'm not saying you need to lie in bed awake every night for that though, but you should be mindful that you are asking, in essence, to be certified in a certification you did not pass.

I know it hurts, but I strongly suggest that you spend your energy NOT in fighting (ISC)2, but instead going over what you were weak on and just take advantage of the free retake. You obviously want to be a CISSP, or else you wouldn't have gone through this in the first place. Just please stop being angry and just focus on passing the CISSP the second go-around.

It is my hope that this constructive post will at least make you pause for a bit and consider what I'm saying so that you may do what you have to do. Then maybe, you can come back here, and say you passed and perhaps go back to having some green squares. :)
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes an error was made not the first or last for anyone involved, I can't see holding this against (ISC)2, if something happened again maybe, but guys come one look at what their giving you.

1. Your money back! Fail an exam with another vendor and see if this happens

2. Free seminar

3. Free retake

(ISC)'s "mistake" and it was a mistake, just made those afected over 500$, without this you walk away having lost your money, still no credential, and having to shell out 500 for a retake without the help of the seminar. Let that sink in a bit.

There also offering special retakes for those that need to get a re-test before the end of the year, the guy even offered assistance in explaining it to your manager. Wow!

(ISC)2 went above and beyond their obligation here to make everyone afected by this whole again.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    eplawhorn wrote: »
    1. I don't think it's necessary for those of us outside of the (ISC)2 organization to totally understand what exactly has transpired.

2. No person or organization is infallible. Mistakes will happen regardless of the authority wielded by a person or an organization.

3. The (ISC)2 seems to have done their best to correct the situation, and provide restitution, in an ethical and professional way. Despite what some people would like, nobody will be allowed to pass an exam simply because they were inconvenienced by this incident. That would be unfair and unethical.

4. I do not think "finger wagging" or motherly advice about "needing to clean up their act" is constructive or helpful. Nothing any of us can say will help or motivate the (ISC)2 do a better job at preventing this from happening in the future.

5. Everyone who (eventually) failed would do best to redirect their energies to studying the 3-4 domains they did their worst and taking the exam again as soon as possible. The chance of passing on the second try after a good re-study is extremely good.
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Is there any chance of this happening again? I have my results coming in the near future. I'll just study and retake it anyways so I guess it doesn't matter if the fail email is a mistake or not!
  • eplawhorneplawhorn Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We all accomplish our work, jobs, duties, etc. via a set of procedures that were either developed by us, our supervisors, or someone else developed them before we came on board where ever we work (whether that be in the public or private sector). So, processes are the step by step procedures that we all go through to accomplish what has to get done from day to day and throughout the year. My statement was, "(ISC)2 needs to review their work processes greatly." Simply stated, I oly reaping what I've already discussed with (ISC)2's Executive Director and their Customer Service Manager/Director via telelphone and email and they have in fact agreed to review all of their grading, scorring, and notification processes; so, another technical error of the size can ever occurrs again. so,as a Lean Six Sigma certified individal I view errors of this size different from what a lot of folks would do and looking at them differently I usually find more detail about an incident that most of my peers and superiors miss. So, enough said for now.
  • adeyoeadeyoe Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just simply loved the animation. A bit "rough", but funny as heck for those that can relate to it :)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Virtually a 4 year thread respawn, 4 posts, registered almost 4 years ago. Off to play 444 in the Pick 3, just in case.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Reading eplawhorn's old posts was very amusing.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2