CCENT exam tomorrow

samuel.lao85samuel.lao85 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody, me again !!

I just want to say in a couple of hours I´ll be taken the CCENT.....and I´m really nervous.

I read some tips and experiences from this forum....and I think that biggest enemy could be time.

I studied from the Cisco Press from W. Odom....and did the practice questions on the Boson Exam Environment.

Could you give me aditional tips, perhaps for improve my time for the exam...

Thanks for all your advices...

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Make use of the time you are given to read the instructions, for most people it leaves time to spare. Take that time to jot down things you are weak on for a reference on the test. Like common subnets, and binary to decimal conversions. Slashdot the subnet mask conversions, etc. That will help you with the time issue if you can get the hard math done before you officially start the test.

Oh, and Good luck! I wish you skill and competence!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Keep track of the time but don't rush. I know I missed at least one question because I was rushing through because I didn't want to run out of time but I ended up with more than 20 minutes left at the end.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM. If you've done enough lab practice you should be able to do easily do them in far less than that -- but if you do get something "strange" you can hope it's one of the ungraded "beta questions."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck on your exam!

I just passed mine yesterday with 8 minutes left. I remember I rushed during my first attempt and failed with about 15 minutes to spare. I skipped the simulator. The simulator got me good the last time, but I managed to face it this time. You do need to know other possible commands to find clue to the answers if the command you try does not work.
  • samuel.lao85samuel.lao85 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    People, I´m really happy.

I passed with 887 points....

Tonight I´m going to start studying ICND2. I hope to take the next test in about two months...

Thanks for your advices, it really help me to not rushing with questions...
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□

CONGRATS!! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck with your ICND2 icon_study.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    Tonight I´m going to start studying ICND2.
    Whoa there -- Tonight should be Celebration drunken_smilie.gif

Tomorrow is a good day to start your ICND2 Studies icon_study.gif
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • samuel.lao85samuel.lao85 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hahaha...I don´t feel well to celebrate, it seems like i´m getting flu !! icon_cry.gif

anyway, I should start tomorrow with ICDN2 like you said.

I have a doubt. I don´t have a mailbox here in Panama, Will Cisco send the certificate to my email ?

another question...do we receive a CCENT certification or just for the CCNA? This is my first certification and I don´t know how it works..

again guys...thanks for your support...
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations!

I bet you will pass the ICND2 before I can take mine. Damn it. I'm jealous. icon_sad.gif
  • jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    hahaha...I don´t feel well to celebrate, it seems like i´m getting flu !! icon_cry.gif

anyway, I should start tomorrow with ICDN2 like you said.

I have a doubt. I don´t have a mailbox here in Panama, Will Cisco send the certificate to my email ?

another question...do we receive a CCENT certification or just for the CCNA? This is my first certification and I don´t know how it works..

again guys...thanks for your support...

As I recall you can just download the PDF version off their website, seems like it was $15, just print it on a good laser printer and it looks just as good as the one they mail you.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    People, I´m really happy.

Tonight I´m going to start studying ICND2. I hope to take the next test in about two months...

Thanks for your advices, it really help me to not rushing with questions...

Talk about a happy thanksgiving here in America =) Don't forget to celebrate!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    another question...do we receive a CCENT certification or just for the CCNA?
    Yes -- you should get a Certificate for your CCENT Certification.

There used to be instructions on the score sheet -- and a follow up email with the same information. In a day or two (or more depending on the holiday here in the US) you should be able to log into the Cisco Certification Tracking System (and create your account if your a first time Cisco Certification earner).

You'll get a chance to verify your information and select your free copy of your Certification -- either the paper certificate via snail mail or an electronic version (PDF). The PDF is probably going to be faster, but you don't get the laminated wallet card or congratulation letter from John Chambers.

I always selected the free paper copy -- and paid the $15 for a 2nd Electronic copy for some instant gratification. They might still have an option to pay an expedited shipping fee for the "free paper copy" if you wanted it sooner. Back in the old days those would ship via DHL.
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□