Resume Question???

LoverLover Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm going to move to another state next month and I'm going to apply for some IT jobs there. So I was wondering should I put on my resume address like (San Fransisco,CA) since I dont know yet where I'm going to stay, or do I have to make up an address ?

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Tough call. I'd probably put your current address and in the cover letter indicate that you are moving there.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'll say no more but do what you think is ethically correct in your eyes.

I have heard of people putting the address of someone they know where they will be moving to and then letting HR know they have changed address when they have found a place of their own.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Tato500Tato500 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat, and I'm thinking of using (Houston, TX) because I dont know anyone there.

Tough call. I'd probably put your current address and in the cover letter indicate that you are moving there.

I tried it but wouldn't work for me, I got no phone calls back or emails with "sorry we are looking for locals." I even put in my cover letter that I will be there on (the date I will be there).
  • LoverLover Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Only 3 replied and over 100 views.
    Thanks guys and other opinion please. Thanks again
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    I have heard of people putting the address of someone they know where they will be moving to and then letting HR know they have changed address when they have found a place of their own.

This is what I did when I was trying to move to the city. It was difficult enough to score an interview; I won't disadvantage myself over mere location.