Options

Went to the ISC2 website am confused

ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
can some tell me in plain terms how do I get started because it seem different from the other CERT's process.icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif

Comments

• Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    It's fairly simple, the only caveat is once you pass you have to prove you have the required experience with your resume and an endorsement letter.

You sign up via their website and pick the city/location/date you want to take the test. Once you pay them, you sit back, study and mentally prep yourself for the actually exam which is a 6 hour/250 question marathon.

If needed, you could also pay for a seminar, alot of seminars have the actual test on the last day, but I didn't go that route so I can't answer specifics about that , I went the self study route.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    WilliamK99 wrote: »
    prep yourself for the actually exam which is a 6 hour/250 question marathon.

That's working on the assumption your going for the CISSP exam and not SSCP. but bascially the principles are the same, just the amount you pay and length of time for the actual exam vary
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    ATL-TECH wrote: »
    can some tell me in plain terms how do I get started because it seem different from the other CERT's process.icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif
    The first thing you need to do is decide which cert you want to persue. After that, pick your study materials, study, and prepare for the hardest exam of your life lol.