Passed today 874/900

SocalkolSocalkol Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed Sec+ yesterday 874/900 as my first cert. Did this cert first because most of the jobs i am looking into (government contracting jobs with a top secret clearance) require Sec+ so i figured I would front load it.Now on to the race to finish A+ and Net+ by the end of the year!

Oh and i highly recommend Darril Gibsons book as I used it as my primary source of study.

Good luck all in the race to get those Comptia certs before the years end!

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Socalkol wrote: »
    I just passed Sec+ yesterday 874/900 as my first cert. Did this cert first because most of the jobs i am looking into (government contracting jobs with a top secret clearance) require Sec+ so i figured I would front load it.Now on to the race to finish A+ and Net+ by the end of the year!

Oh and i highly recommend Darril Gibsons book as I used it as my primary source of study.

Good luck all in the race to get those Comptia certs before the years end!

Welcome to the club. I trust you will be yet another 5 star reviewer on Amazon, then? :) Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to the club! (that I have only been a member of for a day)
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Amazing score, congratulations. icon_thumright.gif
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Nice score, congrats! I hope to be part of the club as well by year end :D
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Ultraness fantastic
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweet, I'm currently studying for the Sec+....got my Net+ and A+ figured I would get the Sec+ before the year is out, for a lifetime cert it is worth it. How did you find the test? I'm using the study guides from cybex and exam cram, I'm hoping the exam questions are somewhat similar. Congrats on passing.
    Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
    Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
    ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Congrats - that's a nice score. What's next?
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and HURRRAAAYYYYYicon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif. I am in a somewhat similar situation and in the race to get the Security+ before Jan 2011icon_redface.gif.

All the best on the A+ and Net+. If you don't have some experience it will be difficult but it is possible icon_thumright.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,