Listing All Education On Resume

Greetings from Afghanistan...

If someone has an Associates, Bachelors, and Masters degree in 3 different disciplines, should all 3 be listed on their resume or should they just list the highest education level completed?

I'm looking for all opinions on this one!!!

Moe.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I usually only list the most recent and highest degree completed on my resume, with the caveat that resumes are often tailored to whatever the situation is.

However, on my full cv I list all degrees earned.

MS
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, definitely tailor your resume. I probably wouldn't ever list the associates unless it is more relevant to the job than my other degrees. In most cases, I would list the masters and bachelors. If you have multiple of any level, only list what is relevant. If you have a masters and your undergrad was in liberal arts, liberal studies, or general studies, don't list your undergrad.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Is it okay to list your degree

State School
    Bachelors of Science

And leave off the degree type. Geology Finance whatever?

My degree has more to do with business than IT. In your opinion is okay to list just the school and bachelor of arts / science?
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can see leaving off an Associates or multiple Bachelors degrees, but listing a Masters without a Bachelors degree would look a little strange to me and make me think you were hiding something.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Is it okay to list your degree

State School
    Bachelors of Science

And leave off the degree type. Geology Finance whatever?

My degree has more to do with business than IT. In your opinion is okay to list just the school and bachelor of arts / science?

It seems a bit misleading.

Unless your degree is specifically "Bachelor of Science" or "Bachelor of Arts", then I would list the specific major area of study. There are degrees out there that are only "Bachelor of Science" or "Bachelor of Arts" without direct attribution of the major field of study, but they are few and far between these days.

MS
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eMeS wrote: »
    It seems a bit misleading.

Unless your degree is specifically "Bachelor of Science" or "Bachelor of Arts", then I would list the specific major area of study. There are degrees out there that are only "Bachelor of Science" or "Bachelor of Arts" without direct attribution of the major field of study, but they are few and far between these days.

MS

Thanks for the heads up!

I switched mine to the generic format, but I guess it's back to the original lol
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I list my Bachelors degree and the Masters I'm working on with an expected graduation date. I took my Associates degree off when I completed my Bachelors degree. I list my VMWare class under education as well.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Seems to be no single answer better than the next and that's what I was expecting. Anyone know what hiring managers prefer to see? Any standard format for the listing of education?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Personally I only list the school I'm attending now. I don't like listing that I started a degrree a LONG time back and did 3 years and didn't complete it. Brings up too many questions. I'm kind of with the others though that you should tailor the resume.
    Also if you have a degree list it and the major, if nothing else it may be a conversation starter during the interview. A business or IT slanted business degree is not going to be looked down upon. After all you are going to be working at a business and you could provide some real insight by combining technical knowledge/skill with your business knowledge.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.