Options

Passed Sec+ !!!

lenell86lenell86 Member Posts: 75 ■■■□□□□□□□
wow, I thought I failed that one cuz on question 10, I was already starting to doubt myself. The questions ARE tricky and the way alot of the questions presented were really hard to follow, much different format then Darril Gibson's practice questions. I was consistently getting around 85-90% right during the practice, chapter, and final exams in Darril gibson's book. Oh and yes, that is the only book I used but then again, wasn't consistent on my studying, only spent a 3 weeks at the most and wasn't studying everyday, more like every other day and half assing it too so I'm sure others who are more focused can get a much better score.

I passed with a 771, not the greatest but a pass is a pass I guess. Only resource I used was Darril Gibson's book, I could have sworn there were at LEAST 2-3 questions that were not covered in there but for the most part, I agree with everyone here, DG's book is the only book you really need.
Certifications complete: A+, Net+, Security+, MCTS 70-401, MCSA
Currently working towards: MCSE (70-293)

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    lenell86 wrote: »
    I could have sworn there were at LEAST 2-3 questions that were not covered in there but for the most part, I agree with everyone here, DG's book is the only book you really need.

Congrats on the pass! They do have beta questions in there sometimes so chances are they weren't covered or not covered with as much depth.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Good to hear, Congrats on the pass! :D
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.