Options

XenApp 6

QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
Citrix guru's unite. I'm not seeing the Diagnose Problems task that I normally see on my XenApp 5 environment at work. I've tried re-registering the DLL and restarting the Diagnostic COM service, but I still can't see the option. Perhaps someone can school me to this? I know what to do with it when I'm done, just can't seem to get it to show up. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    QHalo wrote: »
    Citrix guru's unite. I'm not seeing the Diagnose Problems task that I normally see on my XenApp 5 environment at work. I've tried re-registering the DLL and restarting the Diagnostic COM service, but I still can't see the option. Perhaps someone can school me to this? I know what to do with it when I'm done, just can't seem to get it to show up. icon_cry.gif

Was this XenApp 5 on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008?

Can I assume that your XenApp 6 installation is a clean installation on Windows 2008R2?
  • Options
    We're running XenApp 5 on W2k3. This is my test installation of XA6 on W2k8R2 that it doesn't show up on. Clean installation. Obviously its just test so it's not a huge concern as I can always just reinstall XA if it comes down to it. This is just my lab to learn.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Are you referring to the .net 4.0 bug? XenApp 6 / IIS 7 and .net 4 don't play well with eachother. Remove .net 4.0 and you won't have to reregister the com settings in IIS.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Have .net 3.5 that was installed when XA6 first installed.
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    Have .net 3.5 that was installed when XA6 first installed.

Yeah, it's a mess. What I did was I uninstalled all .net > 1, then installed the app server role, which installs .net 3.51 (making sure I didn't install .net 4 after that)

Ha, though, as I just noticed the CSG connections only authenticate through the CSG. After that, they use 1494 to connect anyway.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT