So I just got back from taking my test......

HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□

I can't believe how nervous I was. Couple of things I could tell were beta questions as they were not covered in the book. Overall though not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks for all the encouraging words in other posts and obviously for the suggestion of the good book.
WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.

Comments

• badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Hypntick wrote: »

I can't believe how nervous I was. Couple of things I could tell were beta questions as they were not covered in the book. Overall though not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks for all the encouraging words in other posts and obviously for the suggestion of the good book.

Congrats! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif Had a feeling you will do really well.

So whats next? :D
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif Had a feeling you will do really well.

So whats next? :D

Uh not sure. Need to find myself a job first lol. In between looking for a job however I plan on starting in on the 70-680 to get my feet wet with MS certs. Planning on going to MCITP route eventually. Depending on how my job search goes I should try and sit the 70-680 before the end of the year if I can.

Thanks for all the Congrats from everyone. Once again really appreciate the support.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Uh not sure. Need to find myself a job first lol. In between looking for a job however I plan on starting in on the 70-680 to get my feet wet with MS certs. Planning on going to MCITP route eventually. Depending on how my job search goes I should try and sit the 70-680 before the end of the year if I can.

Thanks for all the Congrats from everyone. Once again really appreciate the support.

You, like many of the other folks (even me), were worried about nothing.

Congratulations! And welcome to the club. icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370

Couple of things I could tell were beta questions as they were not covered in the book. .

LOL that reminds me, did you get a question about "cloud computing" when I got that question I was like... "areee you serious?" because I read 3 Sec+ books front too back and watched a few CBT's, and I neverrr read or heard about Cloud computing in the Sec+ .

Nonetheless Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    HURRAAAAAYYYYY icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

CompTIA is def shelling out tons of beta questions, as the exams are very close to changing.

I have t - 25 days till my exam hope I can have the same good news

what's next form you??
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
    Well without breaking NDA it had something to do with buffer overflows. A specific kind of buffer overflow that wasn't covered in the book or anywhere else I read. Although the context of the questions allowed me to make at least an educated guess, when I got home I Googled it and sure enough I was right.

Edit to add: In response to lanrexng2, planning on going the MCITP route, gonna get my feet wet with 70-680 first just to feel out the MS testing format. Waiting on my Win 7 resource kit right now. icon_study.gif

In the meantime anyone in the Memphis TN area wanna give me a job? icon_lol.gif
  • burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well without breaking NDA it had something to do with buffer overflows. A specific kind of buffer overflow that wasn't covered in the book or anywhere else I read. Although the context of the questions allowed me to make at least an educated guess, when I got home I Googled it and sure enough I was right.

Edit to add: In response to lanrexng2, planning on going the MCITP route, gonna get my feet wet with 70-680 first just to feel out the MS testing format. Waiting on my Win 7 resource kit right now. icon_study.gif

Buffer overflows were covered in Darrill's book, i believe.

Congrats on the pass.
    burner27 wrote: »
    Buffer overflows were covered in Darrill's book, i believe.

Congrats on the pass.

Thanks. Yeah I know they are covered. He goes into a general explanation of what they are and how to prevent them. This was referring to a specific type of buffer overflow. Then again it could have been covered elsewhere in other materials. icon_confused.gif:
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348

I'm actually trying to look for another job as well while I'm studying Sec+. I haven't decided what to do afterwards. Depends on the job I get, if it deals with Cisco hardware I would like to go for the CCENT. I also would like to get my feet wet on one of the MS certs, probably the one you mentioned (Windows 7). Maybe even an Apple cert to broaden my skill set. Just depends what job I get or if I even get a new job in the next couple months. Good luck on the job search!
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats, I have mine scheduled for Dec 22nd, 2010
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240

Hey as a heads up. When I was taking a course to get my A+, my instructor was a Microsoft buff. I was certified first in class with 2 weeks to go so I decided on going the Microsoft track. i used the labs from the Microsoft press windows 7 resource kit. MAN, so many errors, and commands missing. It sounds like you may have ordered it already but hopefully they improved it cause it was the most frustrating thing I’ve attempted. Specifically, the labs where you are trying to make a bootable copy of windows using imagex and WinPE environment. Every step i had to Google and figure out what was missing. It seemed like they just threw it out there without giving it a solid once over. Like i said, i hope they changed it cause if not, you are in for some pretty frustrating labs...Unless you like researching every step. lol
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Oh my, i'll take a look and see what we've got. If it looks to messed up i'll send it back and research other sources. Since I no longer have to beat the 1/1/11 deadline anymore I can afford to be a little more relaxed in my pace.
  • 0Day0Day Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    WIP: CISSP/ CCNP