50 mbps mpls

BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
Hi Guys, I am still new with MPLS, suppose I implement a 50 MBPS connection to a DR site, what equipment should I get router/wic ? I am just trying to have a starting point to research on, rather than googling my way all over the net.

Thanks!

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Hi Guys, I am still new with MPLS, suppose I implement a 50 MBPS connection to a DR site, what equipment should I get router/wic ? I am just trying to have a starting point to research on, rather than googling my way all over the net.

Thanks!

How is your connection getting delivered. If you are getting it ethernet you can plug that right into your 38xx or 39xx series router with no extra hardware. If they are delivering it over fiber or other media you will have to buy some cards. It all depends on the hand off. Request Ethernet unless u have reasons not to like your other end is not ethernet.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    No idea yet on how the hand off will be like.

I was thinking a 2821 series router, it offers GBPS ethernet and supports HWIC cards, what are your
    thoughts on this?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If its a 50Mbps pipe then I'd assume the hand off is ethernet. You should be good to go with the 2821 without too many services running on it. We use them for CPE on ethernet pipes of that size and I haven't seen an issue with them. We don't run many services on them though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    I was thinking getting two 2821

Router 1 - MPLS 50 MBPS
    Router 2 - Internet

Redundant Switch

2 x 3650 or 3750 48 port or 24 port

We will need to implement some sort of redundancy on whatever routing protocol is implemented failover to the internet connection or MPLS vice versa.

Is this HWIC card good enough it has 2 ports for the future.

Cisco High-Speed WAN Interface Card Expansion module - HWIC - 2 ports#

By the way this is for a remote Service location where I will host critical apps. DB/Email/Web Server