A reputable job-site online ad...

jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
Need youe opinion of this ad I saw on a reputable job site, IMO employers are asking you to do so much and pay soooo little:

All Candidates must have atleast 2 year experience

You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes quickly.

Languages/Tools Skills
Visual Studio.NET
ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET
User-Interface Design using ASP.NET Web Controls
Object-Oriented Design and Analysis
Web Services
SQL Server 2000
Strong SQL skills in writing stored procedures, views, triggers
Visual SourceSafe

Additional Skills Desired
Network Administration
Exchange Server Administrator
General PC Tech Support

No phone calls please.

Resumes will be screened and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.

LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.

Salary is based on experience.

40,000.00 - 47,500.00 USD /year
What next?

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Well, I would take that kind of money real quick, but then again, I'd have to agree. If I had that much to bring to a company, I would expect more than what they offer. I would at least interview if they offered, and make salary a topic to discuss, let them know what I thought I was worth. It also depends on where you live.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    It would be a great job for any entry level .net developer but I am sure doing that job pays more. Im doing support and making the same high end salary just to sit on my ass and wait until I get calls in my queue, when not making calls, I review my training material.
    What next?
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I'm not sure that company knows what they want.

They want 2 years of experience...in what? Exchange server administration? Network administration? .NET development?

Those are all quite different things and would generally have an individual assigned to each one, unless the company is just THAT small.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    /usr wrote:
    I'm not sure that company knows what they want.

They want 2 years of experience...in what? Exchange server administration? Network administration? .NET development?

Those are all quite different things and would generally have an individual assigned to each one, unless the company is just THAT small.

It does seem more and more that companies want every employee to be jack of all trades.
    Dustin Leefers
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Thats is exactly how I read the ad....they want you to do everything and pay you so little. Its like they dont know how much it costs to be certified. The company would be a small end-user environment to want all that skill sets.

Im looking for only systems admin positions and not a jack of all trades position.
    What next?
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Not that someone couldn't do all of that, it just seems like your work would be so spread out that you would get nothing accomplished.

I can't imagine trying to write anything if I had to be the network and exchange admin as well.