Failed the A+ Core exam... :cry:

jen_tourangeaujen_tourangeau Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the A+ Core Exam today and got 498 out of 515...Damn...I second guessed myself on two of em here and I know that the IRQ's stuff and Networking I ahd problems in...Might take it again..dunno really atm ah well..
One thing I do know the stupid paper dun give you the palces where you need help on here when youg et the damn print out..
Jennifer Tourangeau
Owner/Operator
Highlander Computers
Technical Support and Web Design

Comments

• jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    What was the test like?
    What do you recommend we really study and know?
    Do you have any helpful tips/hints you can give us?

Thanks,
    JB
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    it must be hard on you but anyway....try your best on the next one..sure will passed..since you know which part you should revise then just focus more plus a little more on revision will help ya...out...cheer up,ok?!

All the best :D
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I took the A+ Core Exam today and got 498 out of 515...Damn...I second guessed myself on two of em here and I know that the IRQ's stuff and Networking I ahd problems in...Might take it again..dunno really atm ah well..
    One thing I do know the stupid paper dun give you the places where you need help on here when youg et the damn print out..

Better luck next try!

Chin up, and take if you have questions regarding 'how things work' or any of the objectives you may not understand fully - post them in the A+ forums...we'll do our best to help :)

JESCAB
    I've seen a couple posts tonight from you asking what is on the test? Do you need to know? Sort of questions...Please review the Objectives from the CompTIA website for A+. The objectives will provide you with the best information outline to prepare from.

If you have questions specifically about an area...as far as understanding the topic...same as above, post in the forums and we'll help explain or find additional resources for you to clear up your questions.

Outside of time, experience, practice...there is not a fast/easy way to prepare for the A+ exam. Patience and perseverance :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Hmm - this is a forum and i can post anything i want as long as i don't slander anyone. I am not the only one that ask how the test was. If you don't like my questions so beit just don't reply.

Thanks,
    JB
    jescab wrote:
    Hmm - this is a forum and i can post anything i want as long as i don't slander anyone. I am not the only one that ask how the test was. If you don't like my questions so beit just don't reply.

Thanks,
    JB

You are not the only one who receives replies to ask you do a little reading on the objectives. That in all honesty is the best place to begin. Asking "What is on the test" is fine so long as no one answers you violating the agreement that they signed when they took the exam.

There is no reason to be upset by my reply. Ask a specific question about an area you need some assistance with. If you want to know what the test is like....you could always register for it and take it. ;)

Otherwise, the objectives will provide you with the best start. If you get find something you don't understand...we'll help try to clear it up.

Likewise, if you disagree with my reply...you need not reply ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

I will register for, and take, the exam when I feel like it. Actually I am registered to sit for the exam in July. Reading is the key!! I never ask what was on the test icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif If you can't read and comprehend the post please don't respond. icon_lol.gif

I will not respond to this thread again. Or any other thread except to tell ppl congrats, it is just not worth it. Geez, I thought this was a forum to ask and answer questions not to get harrassed.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It was fun.

Later,
    JB
    jescab wrote:
    What was the test like?
    What do you recommend we really study and know?
    Do you have any helpful tips/hints you can give us?

Thanks,
    JB

JB, my apologies if you misunderstood what my comments were. I've read your words here a number of times and there is no reason from my experience you need to feel offended by my comments to review the CompTIA objectives.

In fact your choice of words in your last sentence is very clearly looking for a 'gift'?

If you do not feel like posting any longer...that is a loss indeed. When you decided you want some clarification on A+ areas, we have very experienced people here who will be more than happy to clarify areas of study you have questions on.

Good luck on your exam.
    Plantwiz
    _____