Passed!

janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
Finally got a M$ client passed. Lets just say a pass is a pass and let it go at that!

Used Sybex book mostly. Worked some with Exam Cram 2.
The study notes and practice exams on TechExams were great.
Also used materials from mcmcse. And, had the home lab and work with W2k Pro at my job. It's still the client of choice.

Used Transcender exam simulation. Always a good idea.

The M$ exam itself is like Transcender with dementia. Or, maybe it just made me feel like I had dementia! Hard to put my finger on it. I think it was because, it seems like, everything was a troubleshooting scenario. Nothing was just a simple configuration. There was always something wrong. Ain't that just like life!

Got quized on security templates, .msi installer files, printers(seems like several), unattended installs, permissions, and probably at least 5 or 6 network scenarios with graphical exhibits to ponder. One thing that kept popin' up in practice exams was questions on multilingual usage--had one question on that in the real exam.

That's all I can remember for now. Thanks to Webmaster for the TechExam materials, and thanks to all who give the heads-up on exam subjects and study materials.

Windows 2003 Server, 70-290 is next. But first, I've got to go visit my brand new, born-last-Friday granddaughter and then mow my grass.
"It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki

Comments

• jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Congrats...welcome to world of WORDY ms exams...get used to the format since they dont change from exam to exam except for the design exams...
    What next?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Now I feel official. Got my MCP Welcome Kit today. Only took 2 weeks. That seems like pretty good timing. It's good to see my name on that certificate!

Good luck to all of our M$ certificate pursuing folks!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Dunno how I could have missed this post...

Congratulations for passing and the granddaughter! That's double-icon_cool.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Thanks!

The granddaughter likes to eat, just like her grandad! And very healthy.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yeah, missed this too...congrats and congrats! icon_beer.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Bravo janmike!. Lucky u the good things came in two's. I was so much into last minute studying, i failed to see this thread.
    I am taking a two weeks break and at the same time trying to make up my mind on the next step. 70-210, 70-270 or 642-801(Cisco taught me a lesson never to underestimate their exams)? I work on Win2k pro mostly to get my bread and butter which is why its high on the stakes.

Once more congrats for both. Kids are cool icon_lol.gif

Cheers
    Hard times on planet earth.