CompTIA exam price increase

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
CompTIA Exam Pricing for United States

Prices listed are in US Dollars

CompTIA A+ Exam Prices
Non Member Pricing - $153.00
CompTIA CDIA+, CTT (VBT), e-Biz+, Security+ Exam Prices

Non Member Pricing - $237.00

CompTIA CTT+ (CBT), HTI+, i-Net+, Project+, Linux+, Network+, Server+ Exam Prices

Non Member Pricing - $218.00

CompTIA Corporate Members receive discounts off

Comments

• Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lame
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for sharing.

ncool.gif I thought they were too expensive already.

The current (I assume that's the new one) price for Security+ in Europe is 262 Euro, which is about $320, making it more expensive than CEH, and now comes close to the cost of SSCP and CISSP. Makes an extra MS elective a lot more attractive. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Get vouchers to pay for your exam. I took the sec+ exam 225.00 reg price with the voucher I paid 154.00 which is ok.
    What next?
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The problem is that vouchers are going to cost more now as the price of the full price test goes up.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whelp, there goes my ever considering taking another Comptia exam icon_rolleyes.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Well I am finished with taking any more Comptia Exams anyway. The only one I might even consider taking is Linux +.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    lame

wicked lame.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well, the cost of many things have gone up so it is understandable the cost of exams will too...need to pay for all those people writting test question, or they could out-source the work I suppose icon_rolleyes.gif

If it means that less cheaters will be taking the exams, I guess I don't mind paying a bit more than before. Their certs do not expire and usually are a multi-platform exam so in a general sense, they provide a prospective employer an idea of what a job applicant may understand.

I hate paying more too, but so it goes icon_sad.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm interested in the Security+ Cert and saw a voucher for $194 (160 EUR) at GetCertified4Less.

Compared to the german price of about 260 EUR this is quite a save. Do you know if these vouchers can be used without problems in DE/EU ?

Regards,
    Lordy
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    If it means that less cheaters will be taking the exams, I guess I don't mind paying a bit more than before. Their certs do not expire and usually are a multi-platform exam so in a general sense, they provide a prospective employer an idea of what a job applicant may understand.

I hate paying more too, but so it goes icon_sad.gif

Why will it be less cheaters taking the exams, due to the prices going up. Prices don't stop people from cheating.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Why will it be less cheaters taking the exams, due to the prices going up. Prices don't stop people from cheating.

Economy of scale. Likely those who have cheated will continue, but new cheaters who will have to dole out more $$ may decide they should find an industry that is not so costly to 'break' into.

Perhaps nothing will change, but one can hope :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Usually the value of a cert means more to a cheater than price. CCNA is worth more on the job market than any other Comptia cert, and also the price of CCNA is cheaper than any Comptia certs. By increasing the prices to certs means nothing. This still will not detour a cheater.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    I think the increased exam fees reflects CompTIA's belief that their cert are now more desirable than ever, and therefore people will pay more to obtain them. in contrast, Microsoft ran discounts on their cert exams last year because of a drop-off in exam enrollments in the USA.

I don't think that I'd bother with any CompTIA cert now unless it were unique, such as the HTI+.