1Y0-A05 Monday...

Hello Citrix guys,

I've got this test scheduled for Monday and I feel pretty confident about the exam.

I'm using CitrixExperience study guide and practice tests, CBT Nugget training videos, read the entire XenApp 5 administration guide, about 6 months of hands on experience and started a XenApp 6 migration path.

Anyone wish to share their experience with me on how difficult they felt this exam was?

Thanks,

Comments

• ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    It's a sad day for me...

I failed with a 65% and needed a 68% to pass. Out of the 9 sections I bombed 2 of the heaviest weighted sections. Time to lick my wounds and reschedule it!
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Zaits wrote: »
    It's a sad day for me...

I failed with a 65% and needed a 68% to pass. Out of the 9 sections I bombed 2 of the heaviest weighted sections. Time to lick my wounds and reschedule it!

Sorry to hear that.

I am sure that if you brush up on those areas that you stuggled on this time around will see you nail it next time. Are you going again in a week or so?
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.

I am sure that if you brush up on those areas that you stuggled on this time around will see you nail it next time. Are you going again in a week or so?

Thanks,

I rescheduled it for the 6th of December because with Thanksgiving this week I wouldn't be able to dedicate enough time studying. I'm already feeling a lot more confident after I brushed up on a few sections I was low on.
    Finally I join the ranks of the elite few who dive into the Citrix world. Passed my exam today by the skin of my teeth, but a pass is a pass. Although I had to take it twice I'm glad I went back because there was a lot I learned the second time around and I feel fulfilled.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on passing.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Zaits wrote: »
    Finally I join the ranks of the elite few who dive into the Citrix world. Passed my exam today by the skin of my teeth, but a pass is a pass. Although I had to take it twice I'm glad I went back because there was a lot I learned the second time around and I feel fulfilled.

Congratulations dude icon_cheers.gif

Are you going deeper in the murky world of Citrix? XenServer maybe?
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Congratulations dude icon_cheers.gif

Are you going deeper in the murky world of Citrix? XenServer maybe?

I'd like to, but it depends on which direction my company takes. I have the opportunity to have my company pay for my VCP training and I don't want to pass that up. I figure if I can go for my VCP I might come back to XenServer hoping there is enough overlap. Also, in my spare time I'm trying to find out how to bring XenDesktop into the firm.

With that being said we use Hyper-V right now ( /shudder ) and I'd like to move to Vmware or XenServer.