Finally got word after a 6.5 week wait, I passed the CISSP exam.

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
Called up customer service, an official email to be released very soon.

Now comes endorsement process!
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! Outstanding achievement.

What were your study resources? Any advice for someone attempting this in about 2 years? icon_cool.gif
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Those 6.5 weeks must have been torture. Congrats though man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Outstanding achievement.

What were your study resources? Any advice for someone attempting this in about 2 years? icon_cool.gif

You definitely don't have to wait two years......
    I've been in IT for about 6.5 years, almost 7 years.
    Bachelors is in Management Information Systems, and I have a pretty good "awareness" about IT, security.

When you take the exam, adopt the thought process of thinking from a management standpoint, not a technical implementer standpoint. Though, there are technical questions, the majority require thinking like a manager..

I hyperfocused on practice questions from https://www.freepracticetests.org/quiz/index.php

I also used Exam Cram 2 questions, ISC^2 official CBK 2nd edition, and shon harris 4th edition.

I also used used the CISSP Memoire every day during the last week, and memorized that PDF. This is a really good put together PDF.

I am 1 semester from being complete with the MIS degree, and alot of my recent classes have been 4xxx level management classes, systems design classes, which sort of set the thought process for the CISSP exam. So being in college in this major seems to have helped....

I signed up on like September 24th 2010, and took it on October 24th 2010. I have studied on/off for the past year, but not really alot until the last 3 weeks.

Just google: CISSP Memoire, you'll see it on the original creators homepage, a cable modem site in canada.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    flatworld wrote: »
    You definitely don't have to wait two years......
    I've been in IT for about 6.5 years, almost 7 years.
    Bachelors is in Management Information Systems, and I have a pretty good "awareness" about IT, security.

When you take the exam, adopt the thought process of thinking from a management standpoint, not a technical implementer standpoint. Though, there are technical questions, the majority require thinking like a manager..

I hyperfocused on practice questions from https://www.freepracticetests.org/quiz/index.php

I also used Exam Cram 2 questions, ISC^2 official CBK 2nd edition, and shon harris 4th edition.

I also used used the CISSP Memoire every day during the last week, and memorized that PDF. This is a really good put together PDF.

I am 1 semester from being complete with the MIS degree, and alot of my recent classes have been 4xxx level management classes, systems design classes, which sort of set the thought process for the CISSP exam. So being in college in this major seems to have helped....

I signed up on like September 24th 2010, and took it on October 24th 2010. I have studied on/off for the past year, but not really alot until the last 3 weeks.

Just google: CISSP Memoire, you'll see it on the original creators homepage, a cable modem site in canada.

Great info, thanks! :)
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    man a 6.5 week wait for the results, brutal hehe .. congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • blanca_nievesblanca_nieves Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I received my results and I passed, too. The wait was really horrible.
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I received my results and I passed, too. The wait was really horrible.

What do we put in the "Examination Number" box under first name? Where do we find this information?
  • blanca_nievesblanca_nieves Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do we put in the "Examination Number" box under first name? Where do we find this information?

It is your candidate number. In the results email from (ISC)2, it is listed underneath your address (and before the greeting) at the beginning of the email message. It reads, "ID/Examination number: XXXXXX."
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! That wait sucks!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    Called up customer service, an official email to be released very soon.

Now comes endorsement process!

Did they give you the result over the phone? I took mine Nov 6th, 2010 and I'll be at 5 weeks tomorrow. I wonder if they'll tell me on the phone. Well, I have to ask myself if I want to know? lol I'm not sure!