Bombed the 299 and rushed through the 298

I took the 299 a couple weeks ago and bombed it. It seemed like the questions were out of left field. I got the ucertify practice test and am working through those. I retake it on the 23rd. Any suggestions on anything else to do? I prepared using the MS Press book and CBTNuggets.

I also took the 298 yesterday and made a 656. I had 8 scenarios and 40 questions so it was a lot of reading. I started rushing myself through it to get back to work and had a 15 minute slowdown on the start time due to some technical issues they were having. I'm planning on going back the Monday after Christmas when I have the day off and retaking it and taking the full time. I read the Sybex book for this one and did the Ucertify practice test.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with the Preplogic practice tests since they are on sale, I was thinking about buying one.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I bought the preplogic tests for the 643 and will not buy them again. The questions were either so wrong or too easy. I only wasted $10 on them so it didnt hurt too much. Stay away from them, and did i mention the pushy sales emails that I regularly received from them.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Essendon wrote: »
    I bought the preplogic tests for the 643 and will not buy them again. The questions were either so wrong or too easy. I only wasted $10 on them so it didnt hurt too much. Stay away from them, and did i mention the pushy sales emails that I regularly received from them.

Ok, thanks for the info. I've bought the $1 mega guides from them before which are semiuseful. I did download a trial for the 294 test, and the questions weren't that great. I get the pushy e-mails and have gotten two phone calls from them in the past.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass the 298. It's a tough exam. The mini testlets are often hard to get through, due to the time factor. I found it helps to read the answers first, then the work your way up to the top. Most the questions are filler, try to look for the key words to determine what M$ wants.
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass the 298. It's a tough exam. The mini testlets are often hard to get through, due to the time factor. I found it helps to read the answers first, then the work your way up to the top. Most the questions are filler, try to look for the key words to determine what M$ wants.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm starting to get good at cutting through the crap. I have adopted the practice of reading the question then finding the answer in the case study before moving on to the next question. I think that'll work for me. I didn't expect 8 testlets so I screwed myself by not going when I could spend a lot of time there.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found that the MS Press book was not helpful... I liked the Sybex book much better.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    powerfool wrote: »
    I found that the MS Press book was not helpful... I liked the Sybex book much better.

Are you talking about the 298? I used the Sybex book for the 298 and the MS press one for 299.